We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pink Salt lakes Torrevieja

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
11 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Pink Salt lakes Torrevieja

Hi there,

We are flying to into Alicante in a few weeks and will be driving to Murcia. I'd Love to Visit the Pink Salt lakes in Torrevieja on the journey as I believe we will drive right past them.

Does anyone know where would be the best place to put into the sat nav to park close by?

This will be our first time driving in Spain so we are a little trepidatious!

Also are you able to get in the water? Or are you just meant to look?

Kind Regards

L xx

Mentioned in this post
Alicante
Alicante
Costa Blanca, Spain
Murcia
Murcia
Region of Murcia, Spain
Torrevieja
Torrevieja
Costa Blanca, Spain
Spain
Spain
Europe
2 replies to this topic
Playa Flamenca...
Level Contributor
4,707 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pink Salt lakes Torrevieja

You are better looking at the flamingos and other birds on the salt lakes at Santa Pola which can be seen as you drive along the N332.

The pink salt lake of Torrevieja is just that, a lake where the water has turned a pinky colour with the mineral content of the salt. No you cant go into the lake as it is part of the salt factory although people do manage to get in to it. The location is through a housing estate, if you put into the sat nav calle Pablo Neruda, Torrevieja this will get you as close to it as you can in a car.

Mentioned in this post
Santa Pola
Santa Pola
Costa Blanca, Spain
Torrevieja
Torrevieja
Costa Blanca, Spain
Liverpool
Level Contributor
536 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pink Salt lakes Torrevieja

Ok theres a road in los balcones called calle ercina up by the dna hotel. If you go down that road it turns into a dirt track and takes you right up to the salt lake. Theres a hole in the fence and people park up and nip in the lake for a dip. Donr but tell anyone i told u ... he he

Reply to: Pink Salt lakes Torrevieja
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Torrevieja