We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beniconnect Airport Transfer

Which Calpe hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Topic
Beniconnect Airport Transfer

I am planning to book the Benniconnect Shuttle from Alicante Airport to Calpe but as I will be staying in an Apollo 7 apartment I am unsure which is the nearest hotel to quote as my drop off/pick up point. They quote various hotels in Calpe as drop off points but none are known to me and I don't want to be dropped off and have a long walk to Apollo 7. Can anybody advise?

Enfield, Middlesex...
Level Contributor
31 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beniconnect Airport Transfer

Hi

Just got back from Calpe last weekend. We too stayed in Apolo 7 and used BenniConnect. Must say it couldn't have gone smoother. Nearest hotel drop off is the SolYMar which is a couple of hundred yards from the apartment. Really wish we were on the plane going with you! Enjoy.

London, United...
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Beniconnect Airport Transfer

Thank you very much for the info. Will be booking now and nice to hear good report too. Looking forward to visiting Calpe and hope you've left us some sunny weather.

London, England...
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Beniconnect Airport Transfer

Beniconnect is the cheapest option- BUT be aware that they expect YOU to call THEM the day before travel. If you travel on a Monday - THEY ARE NOT OPEN ON SUNDAYS, and any attempt to reach them is painful at best. I was happy with having them as an option to the 80 Euro taxi but I have to warn everyone using them that you must be VERY proactive and expect to wait an hour to leave the airport and to be left at the airport at least two hours before your flight. They have few times they do the drive, so follow up if you are one that likes to max out your vacation time!

Enfield, Middlesex...
Level Contributor
31 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Beniconnect Airport Transfer

Can only speak as I find. When we arrived at Alicante airport, they were waiting for us, not us for them. There was only us and another couple on the minibus. Got us to calpe in double quick time. When coming home, a two minute phone call the day before, it was answered by an English woman, who instructed us to be outside the SolYMar hotel the next day at 09:30. This we did and they turned up dead on time. Got to airport about two and a quarter hours before flight, which was a bit earlier than we normally would, but not excessively. Overall, I was very happy with them. Maybe if I use them again, if I have a problem, I will change my opinion but at the moment, I would recommend. As a postscript to this, my sister and her husband are out in calpe now. They used BenniConnect last Sunday , and it went just as smooth.

clonmel
Level Contributor
44 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Beniconnect Airport Transfer

We have also used beniconnect 4 times in the last 2 years and our experiences have always been positive. No complaints at all.

London, United...
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Beniconnect Airport Transfer

I posted the original query regarding Beniconnect and have just returned from Calpe. We had no problems at all with the service, the bus was waiting for us at Alicante and departed within 10 mins and having made a quick phone call the day before we left to confirm our pick up time at Sol Y Mar Hotel, they were on time and we arrived at Alicante at exactly the right time for our check-in. I would recommend this service and will definitely be using them again on (hopefully) future trips to Calpe. Thank you for your comments.

Enfield, Middlesex...
Level Contributor
31 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Beniconnect Airport Transfer

Glad it all went ok for you. Hope you had a great time.

Calpe, Spain
3 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Beniconnect Airport Transfer

Thank you for your information, but what I really like to know is how long it takes to get to the airport. And if you start in calpe, do they stop on many points?

Thank you for your answer!

devon
Level Contributor
970 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Beniconnect Airport Transfer

Hiya,

As far as I know Benni Connect goes straight to Calpe, but dont hold me to that, they have a few hotel stops, Sol Y Mar, Ifach, Toursit info centre and the Esmerelda, It takes about 45 mins to an hour I would say from Alicante airport to Calpe. You can get the return from Calpe from any of the stops mentioned, but I think this has to be pre arranged. A friend of ours found out about them last year whilst we were there, and he was flying back before us, so he called them and they picked him up from the Ifach, and my brother in law used them and he was dropped at the Esmerelda, both said very good. :-)

Enfield, Middlesex...
Level Contributor
31 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Beniconnect Airport Transfer

Hi. For us the other week, as there were only us and another couple on the bus, coming from the airport we were dropped off at the SolYMar first. This took about 45 minutes. Going back to the airport we stopped for two minutes outside Benidorm to change driver. Even then it only took about an hour. Bear in mind Calpe is the first resort it calls at, but dependant who they are dropping off, there are four or five stops they can call at within Calpe.

Get answers to your questions about Calpe