We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Church in Altea

Which Calpe hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Chelmsford, United...
Level Contributor
58 posts
Save Topic
Church in Altea

I have visited the church at the top of Altea which is absolutely beautiful. Unfortunately my mother couldn't climb up that far so had to wait down the bottom, which is a shame as I know she would love to see it. Is there any way of driving a car up there. I did see a couple of small vans and things but couldn't find how they got up there. Does anybody know if it is possible, if so I will try to get hold of a map from tourist board.

Many thanks

devon
Level Contributor
979 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Church in Altea

Hiya,

Yes it is possible to drive up, Its really hard trying to describe how though as Altea has been built up so much in recent years.

Do you know the main road that has all the shops along it, at the end of this road towards the inside of town( in front of you is a restaurant called El Pero Negro...thats if its still there) so to speak you are on like a one way system, you need to drive along this road to the end, and from what I remember there is now a roundabout there, if you turn up left this sort of takes you to the top of Altea and you would then need to take one of the turnings off, which is where I cant help any further im afraid :-(, If I was you I would park at the front and get a taxi up to the church - couple of euros most I would say, also have you tried to look on google map? that may give you a bit more of an indication...sorry cant help any more.

devon
Level Contributor
979 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Church in Altea

Hiya, me again, I have just gone on to Google map, if you put in Altea Spain and then double click on the map to see the road names etc, on the left hand side there is a picture of the church, if you click on this - this shows you on the map where it is which may give you a better idea on how to get up there.

Hope this helps a bit :-)

Chelmsford, United...
Level Contributor
58 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Church in Altea

That's great Foxy Devon, many thanks, I wondered if you might reply as you know Altea so well. Will give it a try, although the taxi route sounds a lot easier!

Have a great time next month when you go over - only three weeks for us now - can't wait!

devon
Level Contributor
979 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Church in Altea

Hiya,

If it was me I think taxi, have some lunch or a drink up there and get taxi back,

Im on a count down now, and already booked for next year :-), we are going to spend the day in Altea when we come over. We dont visit as much now as we stay in Calpe, and when my dad comes down from Valencia, he stays in his house in Altea but visits us in Calpe. I do love Altea, but just wish the beach was more sandy..not keen on the rocks :-)

Hope you have a great time when you go over, let me know how you got on..

5. Re: Church in Altea

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:15 pm, June 21, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Calpe