We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurants in Calpe in February

Carmarthen, Wales
5 posts
Save Topic
Restaurants in Calpe in February

We had a great stay in Calpe for New Years' Eve last year, but noticed many cafes and restaurants were closing for January. We'd like to visit again in early February and stay for a week, can anyone advise if there will be a number of different places open to eat out in the evening.

If you have any recommendations too that would be great. I wish I could remember where we ate last time!

Beth

Calpe
Level Contributor
789 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurants in Calpe in February

A few do close but lots will remain open. As for choice etc you can probably remember how many places there are to enjoy. Our favourite for special occasions is...

"El Posit" Restaurante y Terraza

C/Santisimo

Cristo 2

Calpe...it's in the old town and is really well worth a visit for an evening meal. The 3 course meal (menu del dia) with half bottle of wine is a set at just under 20 euros a head. The food is really beautiful and the owners are lovely people, an english chef/spanish wife.

Calpe Steak house is excellent if you like a steak meal.

Foxes on the beach front is great for sunday roast, 12 euros for 3 courses plus usual half bottle of wine per head.

Of course there's so many spanish, dutch, german etc bars/ restaurants to choose from you're spoilt for choice.

Hope you have a great time when you get here.

Carmarthen, Wales
5 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurants in Calpe in February

Many thanks for your advice, we'll book our flights now. Just wanted to make sure we could find somewhere for the evenings, seems like we've going to be fine!

Calpe, Alicante...
Level Contributor
887 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurants in Calpe in February

our favourite is Lauras@westbeach, at the bottom of Gabriel Miro,on Fridays they serve the best fish and chips in the area and on Sundays the best roast lunch, but I would recommend you book as they are very, very busy, I went on Sunday and they were no seats available, and had to go home, I will make sure in future to book.

Carmarthen, Wales
5 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurants in Calpe in February

Useful advice, many thanks. Any other restaurants you'd recommend? For us eating out is a big part of the holiday!

devon
Level Contributor
1,104 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Restaurants in Calpe in February

Hiya,

If you like chinese there is a lovely restaurant at the port on the main road, food is great and its cheap too, plus in the main town there is a great indian called Everest...they do so many courses at a set price which is always good. Another we go to when we are over is amigos which again is in the town in a little sort of square, Calpe Annie would probably know the name of the street, we just know where it is if you get me...again lovely food and people.

Calpe
Level Contributor
789 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Restaurants in Calpe in February

Hi Foxy is it what we call the Yellow Brick Road? Lot's of restaurants set in bright yellow walled squares? Amigo's that is? Do you know I can't remember ever trying it...

Calpe
Level Contributor
789 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Restaurants in Calpe in February

Meant to add I think the street is called Calle Jardine?

devon
Level Contributor
1,104 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Restaurants in Calpe in February

Hi Annie,

Yes thats the one, it has a few restaurants there, although we have only eaten at Amigos, its really nice, and like I say the owner who I think is swiss is really nice, you should give it a go :-)

Devon
Level Contributor
44 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Restaurants in Calpe in February

Hi I will be in calpe next week, can anyone recommend a couple of nice restaurants for eating out, we are staying in the Sol y Mar and will eat there but we like to eat out aswell, we have been to calpe many times, but normally we find that some restaurants have changed hands and aren't like they were before so if anyone can give me a bit of advice up front I would appreciate it, also does anyone know what the weather is like at the moment, have been looking on the web and it doesn't look too warm..........many thanks

Calpe
Level Contributor
789 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Restaurants in Calpe in February

Hi, The weather here has been cooler, but today it's been really pleasant, fresh and sunny all day. Temp 16deg. Pools are too cold obviously at around 8deg!

Restaurants as you may know are plentyful with lot's to choose from. Calpe Steak house is excellent for steak meals.

The Capri is almost next door to the Sol Y Mar and is great in the daytime for snacks/meals etc, even nicer in the evenings for proper "dinner" meals.

A favourite of ours is El Posit in the old town, beautiful food and lovely owners.

Cheap and cheerful but still good food is the Wok (chinese) thoughout the area. There's just too many to mention lol.

El Patio again in the old town is another lovely little restaurant and well worth a visit.

Hope this helps you a little.

Annie

Get answers to your questions about Calpe