We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel Gran Sol Y Mar

Which Calpe hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Cornwall
Level Contributor
39 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel Gran Sol Y Mar

Thinking of staying at Sol Y Mar next March. There are lots of mentions of the fine dining restaurant, but is there a more ordinary restaurant as well?

We are planning to stay for two weeks, so while fine dining is lovely once or twice it would be a bit much every day.

Also as a resort will calpe be very shut down in March?

Calpe
Level Contributor
789 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel Gran Sol Y Mar

I know there's a coffee shop/snack bar on the ground floor level of Sol Y Mar it's situated next to the supermarket within the complex....not sure about the hotel facilities though, sorry.

Calpe is a working town so doesn't really shut down at all, maybe a few frontline bars and restaurants. On the whole the place always has a great atmosphere for most of the year.

The weather usually picks up nicely during march so again you should find it quite pleasant.

You've picked a great hotel, right on the seafront and very easy for the town center shops, walks and restaurants.

I hope you have a great time when you get here.

Cornwall
Level Contributor
39 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel Gran Sol Y Mar

Thanks for your reply - that's really helpful. Someone kindly sent me a message to say there is a buffet restaurant which will be a good standby if we don't want to go out.

You have given me confidence in Calpe, we stayed in Nerja a couple of years ago and that was definitely better for being a proper town rather than entierly tourist based when visiting in the quieter months, so I imagine that same will apply for Calpe.

I can't wait to get there!

Calpe
Level Contributor
789 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel Gran Sol Y Mar

Glad to be of help...You'll be spoilt for choice as far as eating out goes (if you need a change from hotel) there's so many places to choose from.

Anything else you need to know just ask away lol. Lovely sunny day here today!

Bournemouth, United...
Level Contributor
241 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel Gran Sol Y Mar

Check out this trip advisor for reviews of great restaurants in Calpe. You will be spoiled for choice even in March.

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel Gran Sol Y Mar

Hi can you please help? We are off to gran sol y mar in august. How was your stay? Will we be able to eat breakfast in restaurant in beachwear/coverups-sarongs/ shorts etc? Or do you have to dress formally? Many thanks!

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel Gran Sol Y Mar

Hi can you please help? We are off to gran sol y mar in august. How was your stay? Will we be able to eat breakfast in restaurant in beachwear/coverups-sarongs/ shorts etc? Or do you have to dress formally? Many thanks!

Calpe
Level Contributor
789 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel Gran Sol Y Mar

Hi Vivliv...not sure to be honest about dress code for the Sol Y Mar but I would imagine you won't be able to wear beachwear in the hotel restaurant areas. I think they'd at least expect you (as you say) to wear a cover up, sarong etc. I'm sure you wouldn't need to be formally dressed just for breakfast though.

Mercadona supermarkets hand out tee-shirts to people if they're in beachwear if they don't they are asked to leave! Most indoor restaurants wont allow bare chested men in either....maybe someone else will see your post and help you more than I can.

Have a great holiday when you get here.

Annie

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotel Gran Sol Y Mar

Thank you Annie, very helpful! Will take some conservative cover ups to be prepared! Can't wait have never been to calpe but looks like a lovely place :)

Darlington
Level Contributor
180 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hotel Gran Sol Y Mar

It is you will love it I am sure. Enjoy your holiday, not been in the Sol y mar, but it looks very nice.

10. Re: Hotel Gran Sol Y Mar

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, July 18, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Calpe
Recent Conversations