We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Report on recent trip

Sunderland, United...
Level Contributor
98 posts
271 reviews
Save Topic
Report on recent trip

Hi

Had a week full board in Poseidon Princess. Great hotel, position perfect and food fabulous, Spanish influenced but plenty of choice for those who don't love paella, tripe etc etc. Try it it's all great!

We usually visit Benidorm November time but March seems to be just as popular.

We covered everywhere I think, had great times on promenade- the AC/DC tribute in Daytona is a good night. The White lion on the prom is to us a new addition and perfect for looking out to sea.

Highlight as ever has to be Pablo Bloom. He just gets better and better, we caught him in Western Saloon, always a nice atmosphere in there.

Meatloaf in Jokers again proved to be a good choice and who can't laugh at the monkey puppet in Talk of The Town!

Oliver's bar in the old town made for a good nights people watching, moving inside as the chill got too much.

Cava and 5 tapas of our choice in Zodiac bar was a new tradition for us thanks to this forum. It really is easy to find, and the square it's in offers plenty of choice.

Day times were spent just wandering along the promenades, La Cala Finestrat always nice to end up at for a deserved coffee and brandy. A no 10 bus to Altea is a must for a climb up to the church then a wander along the prom ending in Albir. There is work going on at Altea along the seafront but it didn't detract from the atmosphere. We also got the tram to La Villajoyhosa which has a lovely seafront and perfect for a mornings stroll.

The bars leading towards the seafront from Benidorm tram station are worth an afternoons visit with tapas provided proving Benidorm is much more than The Square.

We did visit The Square on our first night (Saturday) bad move as we witnessed a vicious mass brawl from the veranda of Cafe Benidorm (which was trouble free)which has been commented about Social Media. This caused us to be more dubious of this area but we saw no further trouble. These things happen unfortunately, our course of action was to avoid the square, this has as much to do with our age as potential trouble, it really is (apart from Cafe Benidorm)for the under 25's.

All in all we had a great week, we chatted easily to everyone we happened to sit near in bars, the Spanish guests in our hotel welcomed us and we enjoyed daytime activities, the language difference causing no barrier. Laughter is universal.

Yes Benidorm is brash but it is not just one type of holiday, it really does have everything.

We definitely will be back.

Sunderland, United...
Level Contributor
98 posts
271 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Report on recent trip

Oops Poseidon Palace is correct name!

Suffolk, United...
Level Contributor
79 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Report on recent trip

Great review, thank you

Limerick, Ireland
Level Contributor
2,484 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Report on recent trip

Enjoyed reading that thanks for sharing your experience with us sounds like you had an enjoyable holiday apart from that incident on the square it's been years now since we have been, always pass it out, just the smell of trouble lingers in the air up there

Best wishes Mike

Burnley, United...
Level Contributor
1,123 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Report on recent trip

What a lovely report. I love watching Pablo too! Glad you enjoyed yourselves so much.

Dawn x

Swansea, United...
Level Contributor
602 posts
173 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Report on recent trip

Great detailed report . We also did many of the same things on our recent trip and enjoyed immensely. Benidorm really does have something for everyone .

Telford, United...
Level Contributor
29 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Report on recent trip

Sounds like you have very similar holidays there as we do!

We stay in the old town- 1 block from the church, perfect for rolling back home after a nightcap at Oliver's.

For me- I'd never stay up near the new square or at top end of levante. I'm happy to grab a taxi on an occasional night for bit of fun.

Pablo is our v favourite- he's competing in Spain's got Talent right now... Hope he doesn't leave Beni!

tyne and wear
Level Contributor
662 posts
335 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Report on recent trip

Lovely report. Thanks for sharing.

Scotland
Level Contributor
1,035 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Report on recent trip

Great report. I enjoyed reading it 😄

Derby, United...
Level Contributor
217 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Report on recent trip

Great report, thanks for sharing. We tried to find Zodiac when we were in Beni in October but never found it. Any directions would be most welcome. Heard so many good things about the bar, we were gutted when we couldn't find it! Thank you x

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
869 posts
249 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Report on recent trip

Glad u had brilliant time. U got me counting down days until our 1st trip to Beni this year in April. Also booked for September. I Just love Pablo Bloom

Get answers to your questions about Benidorm