We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

don't believe all the negatives about benidorm

Which Benidorm hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
manchester
Level Contributor
227 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
don't believe all the negatives about benidorm

last went to benidorm 17 years ago and went back in march this year. had a great time so returned for my main 2 week holiday and got back on friday. well, where to start. yes we did bump into stag and hen parties but mainly they were having a good time without annoying anybody.did'nt get bothered by drunks either, everybody we met were out to enjoy themselves and were really friendly. we stayed at the marconfort benidorm suits and it was ideal for getting into the old town or heading into the new area. we had our 3 year old grandson with us and reading of probable problems with kids entering bars we did not find it so. all the bars we entered were very accomodating and the entertainment was good.although we were all inclusive at the hotel, we still ventured out because i was amazed at the great value for money. we ate at bars and resaurants and found the food on offer to be a good standard even for the cheap price. so i have to say we had a great 2 weeks in benidorm. the beers were always cold and the food good and warm. the locals were more than friendly and always willing to assist in making our holiday go smooth. so would i recommend benidorm . you bet and would i return yes i would..and we ventured out of the hotel even though the beer and food on offer was top quality and i will post a seperate review of the hotel which will be a good one

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
213 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: don't believe all the negatives about benidorm

Brilliant to hear your holiday was so good!!

I've been twice and each time, when people have asked me where I'm going, they kinda looked at me strangely.

I will be honest and say it was because we were big fans of the show Benidorm and that made us really want to visit.

I don't care if people think it's tacky or loud; it's OUR type of holiday.

To me, lying on a secluded beach all day with no entertainment would be my idea of hell.

Everyone's different and me and my partner love Benidorm because the food's great, cheap, beer's great and nicely priced, people are friendly, entertainment is second to none, the sun is scorching, the beach is fab, the shops and markets are terrific and honestly, what more could you want from a holiday?

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia, Seville
Level Contributor
57,687 posts
3,576 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: don't believe all the negatives about benidorm

jeaday:

I have been to Benidorm twice and enjoyed it.

If there are negative reports in this forum, remember that it is from English speakers. Benidorm is one of the favorite resorts of the Spanish all year long.

london
Level Contributor
1,284 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: don't believe all the negatives about benidorm

I think for the price you pay especially when your in the resort is fantastic value. I was there F/B in June for a week and just round the corner this bar was dishing out pretty good red wine at 80 cents per large glass and the hospitality was superb. When you look at it the Spanish business people do enjoy our company because we do spend money!

Scotland
Level Contributor
671 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: don't believe all the negatives about benidorm

I used to listen to all this Blackpool with Sun rubbish, until June 13 went for first time, I've just booked to go back for my fourth visit in just over a year. Is brilliant value.

Stephen

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
1,552 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: don't believe all the negatives about benidorm

I think nearly all of the negative posters are first timers (listening to rumours) or as streetwise as a newt.

Most regular Benidormers know the craic.

Ipswich, United...
Level Contributor
369 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: don't believe all the negatives about benidorm

Have to say that this year will be my 7th year of coming to Benidorm (only 52 sleeps) and probably not the last. The girls I come with have been coming for longer than that and I was dubious the first year, but had the most amazing time and fell a little bit in love!

Yes there are the seedier areas, yes there is crime but you will get that in most places, especially where there are relaxed and possibly drunken tourists who are out to enjoy themselves and not paying as much notice as they possibly should be... sadly this is a fact of life, you just have to try and keep hold of a bit of street smarts.

Benidorm has something for everyone and at a good price, it's lively for a lot longer season than many other resorts and the special micro-climate because of the mountains means it has pretty great weather for a good portion of the year, the beach is beautifully kept, there are so many good restaurants dotted around, over 800 bars (according to Wikitravel), the theme parks for the wee ones... the list goes on and on!

Sometimes I wonder how I come home each year!

Rochdale,UK
Level Contributor
1,287 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: don't believe all the negatives about benidorm

Those that slag benidorm off are usually the ones who have never been. Let them carry on they don't know what they are missing.

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
1,175 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: don't believe all the negatives about benidorm

Same here we were first timers last year now we cant stay away from the place no matter what you want you can find it in Benidorm, and its only two and a half hours from Brum.....

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
11,771 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: don't believe all the negatives about benidorm

I don't, .. That's why I'm never away from the place, nothing like beni IMO,

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
6,722 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: don't believe all the negatives about benidorm

I first went when i was 5 with my parents,loved it,then aged 7 and 9,then 11,then 15,at age 18,had my first girley hol there,then went again at 21 to celebrater my 21 st with my friends,then didn't go again until i was married with kids my daughter was two and my son 7,then theyve being 5 times since,and going again in 3 weeks,my sons now 18 but not coming with us,but hes going in october with his mates,so the legacy is carrying on my parents gave me the bug and now ive given my kids it,its not tacky,there's something for all age groups,the people who compare it to Blackpool the majority of them probarbly havnt even being

Eileen