We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

24hr/early morn sports bar showing F1 races?

Wolverhampton
Level Contributor
164 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
24hr/early morn sports bar showing F1 races?

The Malaysian GP is on this weekend and I'll be in Benidorm for a stag. Both Qualifying and the race itself will start 8am GMT (unsure of time difference at the mo) and I don't want to miss it.

Anyone know of a bar that will definitely have it on? I'm guessing most cafes etc will be open for breakfast but I guess I'll have a better chance of watching it in some kind of sports bar?

manchester
Level Contributor
2,503 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: 24hr/early morn sports bar showing F1 races?

I don't know of any places that will be open at 8, even for breakfast. If you are staying in a hotel they may have it on. As regards time difference the clocks go forward in Spain just the same as over here. John

Edited: 4:28 pm, March 24, 2014
manchester
Level Contributor
2,503 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: 24hr/early morn sports bar showing F1 races?

After a bit of a think, possibly one of the cafes near the outside market may have it on? Hope you get sorted.

Greater Manchester...
Level Contributor
8,495 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 24hr/early morn sports bar showing F1 races?

if the race starts at 8 gmt then its 9 in spain so the union jack sports bar opens at 9 for breakfasts, all sorted !!

manchester
Level Contributor
2,503 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: 24hr/early morn sports bar showing F1 races?

Good call Mallcum

5. Re: 24hr/early morn sports bar showing F1 races?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:58 am, March 30, 2014
Whitstable, United...
Level Contributor
4,428 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 24hr/early morn sports bar showing F1 races?

I think cheap and cheerful I jaen avenue opens at about 9 and they normally put sport on. You will also get a cheap drink in there lol

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
1,552 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 24hr/early morn sports bar showing F1 races?

Agree with mall..Union Jack will be open...They will even open @ 6am if there are enough going.

They did it for us for an early flight..Twelve lads ..full breakfasts...2 hours boozing it was worth there while.

belfast
Level Contributor
1,562 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 24hr/early morn sports bar showing F1 races?

Peters is a 24hr cafe bar facing Sandra's.

9. Re: 24hr/early morn sports bar showing F1 races?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:15 am, March 27, 2015
Get answers to your questions about Benidorm