We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Advice needed about early morning flights!

Ayrshire
Level Contributor
253 posts
6 reviews
Advice needed about early morning flights!

Hi, just a couple of questions, I am going over to Beni from 14th -21st May, flying with Ryanair from Prestwick, got a good flight going over (9.15am), but coming back on 21st, the only flight is at the awful time of 6.35am! Only other option is to come home with Easyjet into Glasgow, but flight is almost treble the cost of the Ryanair flight. So thought I would chance getting the 6.35 am flight, has anyone done this flight, is it going to be as bad as I think? Also, roughly what time would the transfer pick me up? Staying at the Rialto, so would have to walk down the hill to get picked up outside Nereo, and I'll be on my own, a bit worried about that, hopefully there may be other people from hotel going for the same transfer. Would there be any cafes open in that area at that time of the morning, that I could go in and have a coffee and wait? Anyone give me any advice? Thanks, Carol.

Greater Manchester...
Level Contributor
8,530 posts
5 reviews
1. Re: Advice needed about early morning flights!

hang about around the Nereo entrance , this is where the transfer bus will stop anyway , theres a security guard and night receptionist on duty through the night ,

Benidorm, Spain
Destination Expert
for Benidorm
Level Contributor
5,219 posts
1 review
2. Re: Advice needed about early morning flights!

Anybody's guess what time you will get picked up I'm afraid, anywhere between 0130hrs and 0400hrs and no bars open around the Nereo that you could wait in either. Come down Calle Londres and turn left to the Nereo bit more life on that street and wait on the Nereo terrace.

Edited: 9:45 am, February 15, 2014
Ayrshire
Level Contributor
253 posts
6 reviews
3. Re: Advice needed about early morning flights!

Just wondering if the Nereo would let me store my case in their luggage room if I took it down the night before, as it's a Servigroup same as the Rialto. That way I could just nip down the hill quietly in the middle of night, instead of trundling a suitcase behind me. Just a thought!

Greater Manchester...
Level Contributor
8,530 posts
5 reviews
4. Re: Advice needed about early morning flights!

worth asking ,im sure they wouldnt mind if you explained why

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
11,771 posts
13 reviews
5. Re: Advice needed about early morning flights!

It's a nightmare flight Carol, I've done it once never ever again , we got picked up at 2.50am we didn't bother going to our beds & didn't drink that night . Lots on our flight did though so was a noisy flight till sleep took over,we had to drive up to Aberdeen after that too, we were both shattered, why not stay a bit longer & get a better flight time home, I notice Ryan Air has 4 flight leaving from Prestwick in May, that's what I would do, ..sorry to say this but never again will I have a flight like that again, I would book to stay longer ,if u can .only place u will get a cuppa at that time in morning is Mariano's, 24 hour,

Cardiff, United...
Level Contributor
433 posts
1 review
6. Re: Advice needed about early morning flights!

I stayed there booked with resort hoppa picked up outside hotel the cheaper transfer like flybus pick up on main road not a lot of difference in price

Ayrshire
Level Contributor
253 posts
6 reviews
7. Re: Advice needed about early morning flights!

Hazel, I think you may have made up my mind for me, I have been so worried about it and how I would feel about not getting to my bed! I think I will stay on till 22nd when I can get a Jet2 daytime flight for quite a good price, only thing the friends I am meeting go home on the 20th, so will have to hang around myself for 2 days. Not to worry, maybe you or Linda might be over there at that time. Haha!

Northampton, United...
Level Contributor
1,833 posts
12 reviews
8. Re: Advice needed about early morning flights!

you can email or phone the rialto and ask were the transfer bus picks up then ask them to contact the nereo if need be i would of thought that as servigroup have a contract with resort care destination services they would pick you up at the hotel you could also contact them and explain your situation good luck

Wales, United...
Level Contributor
14,832 posts
71 reviews
9. Re: Advice needed about early morning flights!

Can you perhaps Extend your stay at the hotel another day or two, when there is a better and cheaper flight available.

A taxi from your hotel Rialt to the Nereo will cost no more than €4

Edited: 10:21 am, February 15, 2014
Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
11,771 posts
13 reviews
10. Re: Advice needed about early morning flights!

peter I think Carol knows where the bus will pick her up, she used it last year to go to same Hotel & yes it was the Nereo,,would u believe it Carol I'll just miss u again I go home on the 14th,,I think Linda booking for the same time as me so she might still be there,

Get answers to your questions about Benidorm