We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

name spelt wrong with ryan air

Which Benidorm hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
HUYTON
Level Contributor
212 posts
53 reviews
Save Topic
name spelt wrong with ryan air

Booked our flights an hour ago and have noticed that a name is spelt incorrectly. Will Ryanair charge me if I contact them and point it out, or shall I say nothing and hope they don't notice? Any advice would be appreciated.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
965 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: name spelt wrong with ryan air

If it's just a simple spelling mistake, contact them asap and you'll be fine, they'll correct it for you.

Wrexham
Level Contributor
177 posts
161 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: name spelt wrong with ryan air

Try giving them a ring, and ask, mind you i have heard it is luck of draw, who you speak to if you will get charged, my Sister had her name spelt wrong, someone else booked for her and a group of friends, it would have cost £100 for name change, my sister jut took the chance, and got away with it her name is Rosemarie, but had been spelt Rosemary.

HUYTON
Level Contributor
212 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: name spelt wrong with ryan air

Just rang them and they sorted it free of charge within 2 minutes. Thanks for your help it was very much appreciated

Benidorm
Level Contributor
6,351 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: name spelt wrong with ryan air

So they do have a customer service. lol

Merseyside
Level Contributor
1,821 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: name spelt wrong with ryan air

Yes they do but I rang once and the phone call was charged to another country and cost 5 pounds..better than paying name change costs though.

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
613 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: name spelt wrong with ryan air

I had to call Ryanair a couple of weeks ago as there was an error when making the booking and I wasn't sure if it had actually gone through and I was dreading the call due to cost etc. I was pleasantly surprised when I got straight through and had it all sorted in just a couple of minutes.

7. Re: name spelt wrong with ryan air

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 9:05 am, August 19, 2013
Edited: 9:05 am, August 19, 2013
Drogheda, Ireland
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: name spelt wrong with ryan air

I never had a problem with Ryanair when i rang to correct an error

Huddersfield...
Level Contributor
666 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: name spelt wrong with ryan air

credid ware its due it didnt cost me a penny either

liverpool
Level Contributor
477 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: name spelt wrong with ryan air

I had to ring up other day my auntie gets called Cathy so I booked her as Cathy but passport is Catherine so rang up and they just changed it