We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

My holiday has come to an end

Which Benidorm hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Scotland
Level Contributor
989 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
My holiday has come to an end

Hi everyone,

Just got back today after a fortnight's holiday, staying at the Riviera. As usual, the Riviera was a great place to stay. We were there last year for a week and thought that there was no way they could keep up the same standards but they have and it was a joy to spend the 2 weeks there. The staff work tirelessly to look after their guests and it shows....you'd be hard -pushed to find a dour face in the place. I love the food there and if you like desserts then be prepared for a fair bit of weight gain should you decide to stay there. As some of you know, I like my Pina Colada and the Riviera do a great one. Cocktails are only 4€ at happy hour and they have a very good selection.

One thing I noticed this year in the Terrace is that they have abig chest full of black fleece throws for guests to wrap themselves in when it gets a bit chilly....great touch!

I usually spend a lot of my time singing in Benidorm. I love that i can sing from morning 'til night or 'til my wee heart's content but this year I got a throat infection so what started off as Celine Dion on the Saturday, became Bonnie Tyler by the Wednesday 'til eventually Rod Stewart was the only name on my karaoke hit-list. I have to say though, that because I couldn't sing we were able to see so much more than normal. I'd never been in Morgan's before and loved it. We seen a lot of acts, including Rikki Stevens, Elvis, Tony Scott, DebnHer, Shoewaddywaddy, The Fantastics, Neil Diamond and the very very handsome Shaun Foster Conley. A couple of days when the rain was very heavy, the clubs and pubs were packed all day so the atmosphere was amazing in most places. The tat shops must have made a fortune that day as almost everyone we met was wearing a rain poncho.

Weather-wise, we had a great fortnight, apart from the couple of rainy days but it was still warm. In our first week it went up to 27 which is a tad hot for me but I wasn't complaining....honest!

In fact, the day that it reached 27 was when we had our 2nd TA meet so we were all sitting in the scorching heat of the Tiki Beach Bar, having a laugh and people watching. For anyone who hasn't been to the Tiki Beach bar....try it! It is indeed an eye-opener

There was only one glitch on my otherwise fab holiday and that was when some low-life stole my phone. I seriously think I'd have coped better if they'd stolen my man....my phone has many uses......

I can't think of anything else right now .It's difficult to remember everything over the last fortnight but as soon as I do, you'll be the first to know :-)

UK
Destination Expert
for Ayia Napa, Puerto Del Carmen, Skala, Cyprus, Protaras
Level Contributor
13,950 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: My holiday has come to an end

It was a pleasure to read your trip review..........really well written and love your sense of humour......a woman after my own heart :)

Hampshire England
Level Contributor
5,691 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: My holiday has come to an end

Sorry to hear you had rain on your 2nd week Mo :-(

Wales, United...
Level Contributor
12,251 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: My holiday has come to an end

Great report Mo. Benidorm is great even if the weather takes a turn for the worst, I think that's why Benidorm is so popular. Plenty to do in all weathers. We experienced some of the hottest weather I have known in April, it was a bit too hot for me as well.

Great meeting you all, we all got on so well, so good we met up twice. Tiki beach bar was packed, we had a great day, ending the day in the Piccadilly bar. Mo and her OH both fabulous singers, great voices.

Jeny

Scotland
Level Contributor
989 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: My holiday has come to an end

Another thing that was different for me this year.......the mozzies! I was just saying before I went that I had never been bitten in Benidorm....talk about tempting fate! My blue-tinged skin must have been like a beacon to them coz my legs are covered in them

Leeds
Level Contributor
349 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: My holiday has come to an end

Great trip report Mo_Flo, sounds like you had a good time despite your illness and the theft.

Thanks for sharing

Alison :)

glasgow
Level Contributor
316 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: My holiday has come to an end

Glad you enjoyed it mo in spite of things! Sounds like you had a busy time. Good report.

17. Re: My holiday has come to an end

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, May 01, 2014