We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi/public transport from Alicante airport to Benidorm

Which Benidorm hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Preston
Level Contributor
538 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Taxi/public transport from Alicante airport to Benidorm

Been to Benidorm before but always gone on a package so transfers were included. Going in July for 4 nights and we've booked flights and hotel seperate. We were thinking of just jumping in a taxi when we have collected our bags. Are taxis readily available at the airport or do they have to be pre-booked? Also I remember seeing a big sign outside the airport which said "BUS STOP" is this a public bus that you just get on an pay? Which is cheaper? to pre-book a taxi on line here in the UK before I go, or just get one at the airport and risk waiting in a queue. Would be happy to get on a public bus if there is one. I would be grateful know the pro's n cons and also cost.

Many thanks

Linda

30 replies to this topic
Benidorm, Spain
Destination Expert
for Benidorm
Level Contributor
4,667 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxi/public transport from Alicante airport to Benidorm

Pre booking a private transfer is cheaper, just jumping in a taxi a the airport is always the most expensive option. You can bt the public bus from the airport but it does get busy in July and you are not guaranteed a seat. Have a look at www.cbpt.info for what in my opinion is the best private transfer available.

manchester
Level Contributor
983 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxi/public transport from Alicante airport to Benidorm

I will list the four most popular ways of going from the airport to benidorm in price order starting with the most expensive first. 1 Taxi at the airport. usualy plenty available. 2. pre booked private transfer, cheaper than a taxi 3 Airport bus run throughout the day usualy every hour but better check the timetable. 4 shared transfer, needs to be pre booked cheapest with Travel Republic.

hope this helps

Edited: 5:08 pm, March 25, 2013
northumberland
Level Contributor
2,268 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Taxi/public transport from Alicante airport to Benidorm

I just booked travel republic transfers for the 3 of us return was only £14 in total and we are getting picked up by flybus stand 25-29

Tees Valley
Level Contributor
11,561 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Taxi/public transport from Alicante airport to Benidorm

It needs putting on the Top Questions section as it's one of the most asked question on here.

Jules

Preston
Level Contributor
538 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Taxi/public transport from Alicante airport to Benidorm

Thanks for everyone's feedback - I'm going to pre-book my transfer.

6. Re: Taxi/public transport from Alicante airport to Benidorm

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 1:35 pm, October 21, 2016

Lancashire
Level Contributor
10,787 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Taxi/public transport from Alicante airport to Benidorm

yep you can!

Best Regards - Taggy

Wales, United...
Level Contributor
12,129 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Taxi/public transport from Alicante airport to Benidorm

Alsa bus, it picks up at the airport every hour during the day, the bus stops are, bus station and ave Europa in Benidorm. Every 2 hours in the evening.

Alsa.es

Edited: 4:52 am, June 26, 2013
Merseyside
Level Contributor
1,821 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Taxi/public transport from Alicante airport to Benidorm

Yes as jenny say great service if only 1 or 2 of you but price has just gone up..you pay at the bus stop and it's now 9.45 euros one way..quick tho takes about 40 mins,bus every hour except evening,as Jenny says.

10. Re: Taxi/public transport from Alicante airport to Benidorm

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 1:35 pm, October 21, 2016

Reply to: Taxi/public transport from Alicante airport to Benidorm
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Benidorm