We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Departure Gate Hokey Cokey

Warrington, United...
Level Contributor
2,304 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Departure Gate Hokey Cokey

The last few times I have travelled home from Alicante we have ended up playing departure gate hokey cokey - not by choice but because we have been shunted from one DG to the next, then to another and then back again. Last time, I think they swapped us 4 times. This has always been with Easyjet. Have they managed to stop this happening? You can imagine the mood it puts those in who have carefully got to the gate early. Although, last time it was such a farce that passengers actually saw the funny side of it with each other.

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
11,771 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Departure Gate Hokey Cokey

Yes but don't people with disabilities get boarded first i know it was the case with hubby last May & we didn't even ask she saw hubbys was walking with a stick after breaking his foot & we got PB on our boarding pass????

Liverpool
Level Contributor
2,553 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Departure Gate Hokey Cokey

Hi Hazel,

More comfortable for hubby to board last.Less time sitting on the plane before take off, better for him!

Margaurite

Edited: 9:02 am, March 30, 2013
Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
11,771 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: Departure Gate Hokey Cokey

Yes i can see that too i takes forever to board a plane!!

derby
Level Contributor
1,803 posts
Save Reply
24. Re: Departure Gate Hokey Cokey

Never understand why people rush to gates. Have never paid to sit next to other half, we've always been put together. Twice last year people were running from gate to gate, was hilarious as they called twenty at a time based on seat numbers. We just sat comfortably watching all the commotion and arguments and waited for our numbers. Very civilised just boarded and went straight to our seats, no problems.

uk
Level Contributor
379 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
25. Re: Departure Gate Hokey Cokey

I think everyone could board much quicker if they all sit down first , then put their things into the overhead lockers , some people take ages to put their things up there , they block the aisle

Tees Valley
Level Contributor
12,405 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
26. Re: Departure Gate Hokey Cokey

Can't be as bad as the scramble once the plane lands...people throwing off their seat belts before the lights go off, jumping up to retrieve luggage from the overhead lockers like they're rescuing pets stuck up a tree and then pushing and shoving to get off even before the steps have arrived! And don't get me started on the bendy buses! Lol

It's like the Wacky Races!

Jules

Edited: 1:00 pm, March 30, 2013
Lancashire
Level Contributor
10,787 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
27. Re: Departure Gate Hokey Cokey

Yes Hazel they get boarded first, but obviously have to be near to the gate in most cases too, so if they move the gate several times it creates a problem.

Best regards - Taggy

uk
Level Contributor
379 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
28. Re: Departure Gate Hokey Cokey

And after all that rushing to get off , we all stand around waiting for the cases lol

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
11,771 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
29. Re: Departure Gate Hokey Cokey

oh yes taggy forgot about that i can see why that would be annoying.

derby
Level Contributor
1,803 posts
Save Reply
30. Re: Departure Gate Hokey Cokey

Too right jules. Never ceases to amaze and annoy me how many times people want something from overhead storage. I always end up having to get up and down. Half the time all they do is rummage about! As jules says the antics of people trying to get off quickly beggars belief. Rather than wait, last year one couple actually climbed over 3 empty seats!

Get answers to your questions about Benidorm