We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Drag Acts in January?

Which Benidorm hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
wales
Level Contributor
191 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Drag Acts in January?

Hi,

Can anyone recommend a good funny drag act working in Benidorm in January?

thanks

Terry

Greater Manchester...
Level Contributor
7,982 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Drag Acts in January?

look out for sheila blige , the funniest drag act in benidorm , usualy on at klee kafee in old town , a lot of cabaret bars will be closed in january but klee kafee will more than likley be open , its opposite rich b!tch another good comedy drag bar

Edited: 6:59 am, December 31, 2012
Huddersfield...
Level Contributor
103 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Drag Acts in January?

Cannot tell you if it will be open or not in January, but if so, i would suggest a trip to Levis Showboat, situated just up the road from the Flamingo Oasis and the Levante hotels.

Great entertainment and you can book your meals as well, prior to the show itself.

Reminded me very much of the drag shows that took place in Huddersfield at the Amsterdam bar.

Huddersfield...
Level Contributor
666 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Drag Acts in January?

hi bluemond cant top the amsterdam bar it was brill levis is also great he used to be mates with phill who had the zanzibar in the old town unyil he passed away a couple of months ago do you remember the amsterdam antham (we.er having a ) dayd ehrecorded in the bar happy sorry cant say the other word

manchester
Level Contributor
2,353 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Drag Acts in January?

To be honest I'm not into drag, but in November my good friend and her mate fancied seeing a drag artist so we went to Legends on Calle Londres. needless to say the place was empty except for us and a table with a few women, Will Sparkle was due to be performing but obviously with not many people being in there was no certainty he would perform. BUT he did! obviously picked on me like hell (being the only guy in the small audience) and put on a damn good show. Had a chat with us later and thanked us for the support and made a point of thanking me even though he had realised I was a bit uncomfortable, my point is he was a damn good entertainer on the night and would recommend anyone to call in and see his show. John

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
42 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Drag Acts in January?

Amsterdam Bar. Thats a blast from the past!!

lancs
Level Contributor
545 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Drag Acts in January?

Yes have to agree Will Sparkle is a great show to see know he is on 10pm every Thursday at CASPERS BAR in the old town,get there by 930 pm or you won't get a seat!

Port Glasgow
Level Contributor
1,075 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Drag Acts in January?

Showboat opened..

Huddersfield...
Level Contributor
103 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Drag Acts in January?

Lolly, yes i remember the song very well, didnt it get onto Top Of The Pops or sometning like that. (albeit a little softened version)

it is amazing how often you hear that song being sung when you go abroad, but we can say that we were fortunate enough to actually hear it live in the original settings.

Greater Manchester...
Level Contributor
7,982 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Drag Acts in January?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5grN83P-jC4

this song was recorded by amsterdam bar staff,

Lancashire
Level Contributor
10,787 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Drag Acts in January?

Nice to see Dene (Black Lace) in his younger days! Lol!

Best regards - Taggy