We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

superior rooms at the flamingo oasis benidorm

London, United...
Level Contributor
8 posts
125 reviews
Save Topic
superior rooms at the flamingo oasis benidorm

Hi everyone

have upgraded to a superior room for October - have read the reviews and take it a superior room is a club room???? can anyone please please confirm this for sure and also any tips or recommendations you can give will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

inverness
Level Contributor
1,152 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: superior rooms at the flamingo oasis benidorm

Most of the rooms in Flamingo Oasis are really roomy. On the end of the corridor facing the mountain on each floor is one of these small rooms. Appart from on the 24th floor the number end in 17, for example 1017,1817,2117.

Other people including myself have made a fuss and been moved. We had to spend one night in it before another room was available.

I am due out on Tuesday and their will be trouble if I end up in one of these rooms, particularly after coughing up extra for a superior room. These small rooms are not superior whatever floor they are on.

People however come on holiday to enjoy themselves and should not have to begin their trip with an argument about rooms.

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
35 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: superior rooms at the flamingo oasis benidorm

We actually liked our little room right on the end of the building - superbly quiet, lovely views across the mountains, and a nice cool, very private balcony! That said, I agree they should be cheaper than the larger rooms - we would be very happy to stay in one paying less! Ours did have a bath and adequate wardrobe space for 2 for a week also.

inverness
Level Contributor
1,152 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: superior rooms at the flamingo oasis benidorm

I arrived on Tuesday, at FO. Everything is spot on lovely room on 21st floor, roof terrace and club lounge great. Also lovely to have our own quiet area in the dining room. Staff great especially cleaners. The club room is the icing on a holiday so if you can go for it.

Weather is also fab at the moment. Delighted to be back in Benidorm and away from chilly Scotland.

bolton lancs uk
Level Contributor
326 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: superior rooms at the flamingo oasis benidorm

I've booked club suites for next June and only paid an extra £ 60

inverness
Level Contributor
1,152 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
25. Re: superior rooms at the flamingo oasis benidorm

Well worth an extra £60 Woodcock.. Enjoyed holiday better than staying in ordinary room. Im going to a club room again in March.

CO. DURHAM
Level Contributor
243 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
26. Re: superior rooms at the flamingo oasis benidorm

I booked it 4 weeks ago and just got upgrade yesterday from stardard to club room for £5 each . (me and the hubby) New years eve hear i come, cant wait. What a way to start a new year, 7 days in beni with my hubby my 2 grown up children and my only grandchild. best xmas pressy ever.

London, England...
2 posts
Save Reply
27. Re: superior rooms at the flamingo oasis benidorm

where did you go to upgrade to a club room?

inverness
Level Contributor
1,152 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
28. Re: superior rooms at the flamingo oasis benidorm

When club rooms initially started it was fairly cheap to upgrade. The last while I have found it quite expensive.

They are very popular and on ocassions we have been unable to get one so people are clearly willing to pay the prices asked.

To be honest once you have stayed in club rooms you wont want to go back to the ordinary. Peace and quiet away from stags etc and a quiet area to eat meals among other advantages and really comfy beds.

I am also going at new year and have had to pay quite a bit extra for club rooms and know from previous years that they are popular at this time. Would love to know how SISS2007 managed it for £5.

CO. DURHAM
Level Contributor
243 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
29. Re: superior rooms at the flamingo oasis benidorm

hi with reply to thebrushinverness. i booked 2 standard rooms (although always go club rooms) as this time going with daughter, son and grandson and sharing babysitting duties. when we enquired to book approx 9 weeks before going thomsons said on phone only 9 seats left and strongly advised us to book then, but as price was still quite high i replied whats do you think are the honest chances of it going down any and she said extemely unlikley, there more chance of it increasing and selling out of last few seats. I took her name for reference and went ahead and booked rather than take the risk of not getting it booked later date due to what she told to us and advised us strongly to do. A few weeks later guess what the prices droped dramitically. Approx £100 each and we where furious as £400 was a great deal of money. I telephoned customer services and complained and gave name of thomson sales rep and explained all what told. they agreed no one should of said what she did as cannot predict prices up or down as thats how it works and its a risk game. and as for 9 seat (think that was the amount) thats just what they can see on system at any one time. could be 100 seats but they only see so many at one time. totally mislead. Anyway as a apology thomsons offered to upgrade all of us for £5 each to club room but only myself and hubby could as no children allowed in them. Hope that explains how i got upgrade for £5. I spoke to another person whilst there and they said they book standard not knowing what club rooms really where about as never been, then few weeks before going a work friend told them should of booked one and they contacted thomsons also to ask if can upgrade before going and as there holiday also was much cheaper than when booked 3 months previously they to got a good discount on upgrade and paid £40.

inverness
Level Contributor
1,152 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
30. Re: superior rooms at the flamingo oasis benidorm

Good on you SISS2007. nice to hear that Thomson compensated you in this way after you were misled.

Much prefer the club rooms now that I no longer travel with children.

Thanks for clarifying things.

Get answers to your questions about Benidorm