We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mad Mauri

Lancashire
Level Contributor
10,787 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Mad Mauri

I have just heard an Unconfirmed story that Junior The Mad Mauri may have passed away. Does anyone know if this is true or not. Apparently its come from the folk who hand out the flyers etc for Talk Of Coast/Valentines. I know his demise has been prematurly mentioned before, so i'm hoping its not true, but obviously he has been very ill of late, and had an operation for Hydrocephalus last year.

Best Regards - Taggy

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
554 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mad Mauri

I really hope you are wrong Taggy as we always go to see him when we visit Benidorm in January. My poor husband doesn't quite share my enthusiasm but he's happy enough to sit and get picked on for my entertainment! When I dragged John off to see him last year I was really disappointed when we were told he was away so wonder if he was ill then? What a truly, funnybone tickling, very naughty naturally comic man - if it's true he'll be sadly missed.

Lancashire
Level Contributor
10,787 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mad Mauri

Yep he was ill then, he had to have an operation to have a shunt inserted into his Brain to drain off excess fluid because of the Hydrocephalus (Water on the Brain)!

Best Regards - Taggy

Benidorm, Spain
Level Contributor
3,242 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Mad Mauri

Not sure, unless Ste can shed some light on it, but I´ll make some enquiries in the meantime.

County Durham
4 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Mad Mauri

Hi, Junior is back in the uk recovering from a stroke he had at the begining of december.

Regards

Denise

Lancashire
Level Contributor
10,787 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Mad Mauri

Hi Denise.....are you definately sure of this? How is he doing at the moment? Is he back in Blackpool do you know? Really hope he's ok!

Best Regards - Taggy

County Durham
4 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Mad Mauri

Hi Taggy, yeah i am sure of this, my husband txt a friend of junior's and i believe he is recovering well, he is staying at a friends, my husband spoke to junior on the phone from our hotel when we were in benidorm at the begining of december, at the time he was very weak, but as i said earlier he is recovering well.

Best Regards

Denise

Lancashire
Level Contributor
10,787 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Mad Mauri

Oh thats really good news Denise thanks. I know Neil Ross and Norma quite well but have misplaced their email details was trying to get in touch with them about Junior. If your Hubby speaks to him again soon, pass on our best wishes to him!!

Best Regards - Taggy

Brighton, United...
Destination Expert
for Torremolinos, Benidorm
Level Contributor
5,390 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Mad Mauri

Good news indeed. Best wishes to the Mad one.

9. Re: Mad Mauri

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:15 pm, September 18, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Benidorm