We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Villajoyosa Festival ( staying Albir in July )

Which Benidorm hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
UK
Level Contributor
62 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Villajoyosa Festival ( staying Albir in July )

Hi all

I'm staying in Albir from 25th to 31st July , with my wife and two daughters (9, 14).

We're looking for a more 'Spanish' stay if thats possible in the Benidorm area. Not having been to the area we dont know.

I've seen that theres a good festival on in Villajoyosa in July.

Can anyone give me some more details about exactly where and when to go and see this.

Also are there any other festivals on in the Albir area during that week?

Info on best traditional markets to visit also appreciated.

One more thing :-) , thinking of driving up to Valencia for a visit.

Is that straight forward enough? Whats best things to see there and on what days ?

many thanks in advance for any info

Phil

newcastle upon tyne
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Villajoyosa Festival ( staying Albir in July )

hi phil

i would just like to give you abit of my knoledge of benidorm snd surounding areas you wont find albir very spanish at all 99.9% of the bars there are english the fiesta in villajoyosa is fantastic well worth a visit iam not sure now of the dates really its the back end of the year you need to be there to find the best fiestas as for markets you need to head to benidorm on a wednesday and sunday for the big outdoor market and as for valencia a loverly typical spanish place to visit i used to go camping there quite alot with my partner when we lived in benidorm it was great to get away from the hustle and bustle although you really need tp speak abit of the laungage there as not many locals speak english there is a brilliant underwater musium there where you can actually see all the sealife amongest other things, them you have the aqua park in benidorm and just outside albir there is the excalibre witch host a great medieval night really loads to see and do so enjoy yourself

marie

2. Re: Villajoyosa Festival ( staying Albir in July )

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:18 pm, August 31, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Benidorm