We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First visit tips

Level Contributor
3 posts
52 reviews
Save Topic
First visit tips

Hi, I’m off to Benidorm with the kids (10 and 9) in a couple of weeks for the first time.

Can anyone advise on the best things to do and traps to avoid.

Is there a best way to buy tickets for the theme park etc?

12 replies to this topic
Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
4,004 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: First visit tips

have a read through the crime /scam threads

dont be scared or worried...just have a good read and use your common sense

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
209 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: First visit tips

Use the local public transport to get around, cheap as chips. Don’t feel sorry for the beggars. Enjoy, it’s a great place. The new playpark at Foites park is superb for kids.

Paul

Playa Flamenca...
Level Contributor
4,707 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: First visit tips

When you come through the arrivals/baggage hall there is usually discount tickets for some of the parks, in the past Macdonalds have given them out with kids meals.

Wigan
Level Contributor
429 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: First visit tips

Make sure it's the school holidays or the local LEA may fine you £60 per child, per parent for taking them out of school in term time

;-)

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
1,320 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: First visit tips

Hi! Our children are 10 & 7yrs old & cannot wait to return in August to Benidorm, they love it!!

Definitely pick up the leaflets that are set up on a table just after baggage reclaim at Alicante Airport. They all have discount vouchers inside for all the Attractions in Benidorm. Well worth using. We never pay full price for any attractions.

Our Must See place is Mundomar the Dolphinarium. It's set in beautiful surroundings with lots of animals & has a parrot, sea lion & the most amazing Dolphin Show I've ever seen. Brings a tear to my eye everytime we go😍😍

Great value with the discount vouchers & easily accessible by bus or taxi, just on the outskirts of Benidorm. Highly recommend😀

Another of our favourite days out is Terra Natura Zoo. It is a huge zoo with so many species of animals all in large enclosures. There's a lot of walking, a full day out, but highly recommend. Again accessible by bus or taxi on the outskirts of Benidorm.

There's Terramitica Theme Park, Aquanatura & Aqualandia Waterparks too, all easily accessible.

On the Mediterraneo, the main street in Benidorm there are several Amusement Arcades, all cheaper than the UK, some have little rides for kids.

There's also a Crazy Golf & a 10 Pin Bowling Alley, all favourites of our 2😀😀

Next to where they hold the Outdoor Market is The Florida Bar. It's a lovely family bar that has Amusements, Go Karts, Crazy Golf & Trampolines. Another firm favourite with our children!

Definitely plenty to keep you busy as well as exploring both The Old & New Towns.

Have an amazing holiday😎😎

Bacup, United...
Level Contributor
594 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: First visit tips

Caroline, you forgot to mention Peggy Sue's lol.

Have to say we went there a couple of years ago after your recommendation. It was very nice, especially as I am not a fast food person. Loved that I got a cup of coffee in a proper cup too.

Edited: 5:16 pm, June 08, 2018
Scotland
Level Contributor
1,024 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: First visit tips

If you have a Tesco Clubcard, you can get tickets to Terra Natura or Aqua Natura for £5/£5.50 worth of Clubcard points. You have to apply online and they will send them to your address within the week.

Bacup, United...
Level Contributor
594 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: First visit tips

I don't think it's available now mo-flo.

Scotland
Level Contributor
1,024 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: First visit tips

Aw, that’s a shame. When did they stop doing it? 😞

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
1,320 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: First visit tips

Oh yes, I forgot about Peggy Sues, Lol!! Glad you enjoyed it Sue!!

Highly recommend it. It's a 1950's Diner just like in the film Grease. It's in the Old Town & is our children's favourite place to eat. It has typical American Cuisine, is good quality & good value. The highlight though, is the mini jukeboxes on each table to choose your own soundtrack while eating! Lots of fun!!😀😀

Reply to: First visit tips
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Benidorm