We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dilemma 're ryanair

Level Contributor
103 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
Dilemma 're ryanair

Booked flights with Ryanair Edinburgh to alicante return 22nd to 29th december, yeah I got them really cheap months ago £106 return for 2 of us was well pleased,......now I haven't booked accommodation yet, I cannot decide wether to ditch these flights n lose the £106 No massive hardship, n book elsewhere or just go ahead with these Ryanair flight n book hotel, I feel like I've lost faith in ryanair........just asking in advance what other trip advisor folk would think/do thanks

Mentioned in this post
Edinburgh
Edinburgh
Scotland, UK
15 replies to this topic
1. Re: Dilemma 're ryanair

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 4:06 am, October 13, 2017

Level Contributor
559 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dilemma 're ryanair

we are going virtually the same dates and have managed to get a private rental for a good price. i reckon you go for it. we are ryan air also both ways. in fact nxt 3 sets of flights are with ryanair so we have to have faith in them lol.

steve

Prestatyn
Level Contributor
1,502 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dilemma 're ryanair

I take your point re Ryanair and we're in a very similar position. We've ended up flying with them in January because of the Monarch collapse. We have not yet paid for the hotel, only a £1 deposit, so we're not going to pay the outstanding balance until the last possible minute, enabling us to weigh up whether too, considering up and coming strikes and cancellations. We've decided not to fly with Ryanair again after the January holiday, for the time being. Leaving people stranded for days on end without any support whatsoever is very poor, to say the least, and let's not forget the pilot debacle.

Wales, United...
Level Contributor
14,411 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dilemma 're ryanair

Just book accommodation pay on arrival, booking.com . Don't forget your flight is to Alicante , so you don't have to stay in Benidorm. There are some good deals for Albir. Also look at booking direct with hotel groups, they are pay on arrival too.

Mentioned in this post
Alicante
Alicante
Costa Blanca, Spain
Benidorm
Benidorm
Costa Blanca, Spain
El Albir
El Albir
L'Alfas del Pi, Spain
Kingston-upon-Hull...
Level Contributor
965 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Dilemma 're ryanair

A prime example why i don't use ryanair ,when i'm going on holiday i want to know the plane will be taking off .

Book the holiday ,then sit back and relax ,if it costs more so be it .Anyhow if booked with Ryanair use the likes of booking . com so you can cancel the hotel booking the day before ,and pay on arrival.Most important use a credit card .Good luck what ever you do

St Austell, United...
Level Contributor
4,010 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Dilemma 're ryanair

I would think RY have decided which flights they need to cut to get them through the winter now - plus they will doubtless sweep up some Monarch pilots as an added bonus and I reckon might sneak back some more flights.

They are only selling discounts up including March now, but there's going to be some monstruous bargains for next summer to get some customers back in the next couple of months.

Was looking for May/June but because of the various catastrophe's prices have so far been prohibitive. Wait and see time for that

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,143 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Dilemma 're ryanair

John B , there's no airline in the world that can guarantee your plane will take off, so that's not a reason not to fly RY.

Kingston-upon-Hull...
Level Contributor
965 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Dilemma 're ryanair

Agree there's no airline in the World can guarantee you will take off ,BUT and a big BUT there're good airlines that will do their up most to get you on the next available flight .Then you have Ryanair your flight is cancelled good bye see you later hasta luego could't care less .Customer care does not exist ,has many have found out

Level Contributor
559 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Dilemma 're ryanair

monarch just went bust and was still taking bookings the day before and i’m sure i read a post this week that easyjet have left a fair few high and dry recently offering alternatives nearly a week later. whilst ryanair winds me up with there cavalier attitude some of the others are not much better when things go wrong.

steve

Amesbury, England...
Level Contributor
545 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Dilemma 're ryanair

My flight with easyjet was cancelled at short notice on Tuesday evening from Luton. Showing as operating then you get a text to say its cancelled. 3 hours in a queue, no accommodation or food and drink vouchers, do your own thing at 9 pm at night. Got a hotel in London for £184 and a train home next day. Shocking and easyjet and Ryanair were culling flights. Wont ever book with a budget airline again, their attitude stinks.

Mentioned in this post
London
London
England, UK
Reply to: Dilemma 're ryanair
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Benidorm