We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Muchavista area

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
82 posts
1 review
Muchavista area

Hi does anyone know the muchavista area, we havevstayedvat Campello many times but have never hot of the tram at Muchavista. I have seen some lovely apartments to rent and wondered if there is a central part with bars and restaurants as when you pass through on the tram is looks very residential.

norfolk
Level Contributor
900 posts
30 reviews
1. Re: Muchavista area

We went there to visit Villa Marco and was surprised that there were very few shops and restaurants about.

We may have not been in the "shopping area" but there were lots of residential properties about and not much else.

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
82 posts
1 review
2. Re: Muchavista area

Thanks, anyone else?

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,248 posts
11 reviews
3. Re: Muchavista area

We stayed there last month because Campello was fully booked. It's mainly residential, we had a big supermarket 2 min from the flat (Consum) which was useful, and a few bars, but we had to walk about 30 min to get to the area in San Juan where most bars/restaurants are.

The beach is really nice and I loved to run on the promenade every morning, we were exactly in the middle so Campello was 3 km one way and the end of the beach in San Juan was 3 km the other way.

I wasn't sure about the area when I booked but I did like it, although I do prefer Campello where there's a bigger selection of bars/restaurants without that much walking.

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
82 posts
1 review
4. Re: Muchavista area

Thanks for that what did you think of San Juan?

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,248 posts
11 reviews
5. Re: Muchavista area

San Juan has two very different parts, the inland village (San Juan pueblo) and the beach part (San Juan Playa). The beach part is just a continuation of Muchavista, it's just technically a differnt town, but nothing changes, just more apartments, bars and restaurants. The inland village is far from the beach (you need a car/bus to get to it) and it's a small working town.

The beach part is ok, some of the bars/restaurants are a bit too touristy for my taste, but they are ok. There's a section with more night-club type places that I guess gets busy during the weekend (it's around a burger place called The Good Burger, and we went on a Thursday night, everything was empty), I would avoid this area as it can get very noisy.

In general I prefer Campello as it's smaller and more compact (and I know it very well so I feel more comfortable), but if you can't get anything in Campello Muchavista and San Juan are good options too, and with the tram you get to Campello in a few minutes.

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
82 posts
1 review
6. Re: Muchavista area

Thanks for all the info we are looking at buying in Campello so know it quite well so will definately look for somewhere there. Just wanted to make sure we weren't missing a hidden gem if you know what I mean.

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,248 posts
11 reviews
7. Re: Muchavista area

I know what you mean, I just bought a house in Campello , got the keys last month:). But I was also curious about Muchavista/San Juan and that's why we stayed there this year. As I said not bad, but you are not missing anything. Send me a PM if you need any help/advice with your purchase and good luck!

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
82 posts
1 review
8. Re: Muchavista area

Thanks we have researched quite well and I am online everyday looking for property ideally we would like to buy on Almadraba complex at Peublo Espanyol if you know it we have not found anywhere else that is low rise, within walking distance to town and that has a pool. If you have any suggestions that would be great.

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,248 posts
11 reviews
9. Re: Muchavista area

I sent you a PM.

10. Re: Muchavista area

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, October 14, 2018