We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Alhambra:How to decide the time to enter the Nasrid Palace?

mumbai
Level Contributor
14 posts
65 reviews
Save Topic
Alhambra:How to decide the time to enter the Nasrid Palace?

Hi,

We are a couple who plan to visit the Alhambra on 15th Nov.

I am planning to book our tickets on line for the time frame of 14:00 to 18:00. For booking the tickets I need to specify the exact time of visiting the Nasrid Palaces. Can anyone help me as to how does one decide this?. What should be the general flow?

I did some research on line and it says I should visit Charles V's Palace and the Alcazaba fort before the Nasrid Palace..So how much time would the first two take approximately?

Suppose I take an audio guide and want to follow the same..how should I go about planning my time?

We are going to be in Granada just for this one day and hence need to get back to Seville the same day.

Would appreciate any help I can get to maximise the time and spend it effectively.

Thanks in advance.

Best,

NSG, Mumbai

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa de la Luz
Level Contributor
20,522 posts
275 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Alhambra:How to decide the time to enter the Nasrid Palace?

The Alcazaba fort is on the city side of the Alhambra complex furthest most away from the main entrance pavilion so aim to spend some minutes walking down to find the entrance. You go pass the Carlos V palace building / museum on the way and in fact this is not a ticketed area and you can freely look around at any time during the day. So if you are able to visit from say 1pm onwards with the aim to see Carlos V and enter the Alcazaba at 2pm then spend 30 minutes before going to Nasrid entry where you will have a 30 minute time slot so maybe 2.30 to 3pm timing is good and then after spending enough time going through Nasrid you have the Partal Gardens and finally Generalife Place and gardens. Do look at the official guide notes for the Alhambra as they provide much info about what you can find and suggested routes.

http://www.alhambra-patronato.es/

2. Re: Alhambra:How to decide the time to enter the Nasrid Palace?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 9:35 pm, November 23, 2013
Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia, Seville
Level Contributor
60,699 posts
3,654 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Alhambra:How to decide the time to enter the Nasrid Palace?

NSG:

I would go the earliest time in the afternoon because there will be more sunlight to take photos.

The Alhambra Museum at the Carlos V Palace is in a free area and you can go anytime, passing through the Justice Gate. The museum is very good and free.

KCH
Sydney
Level Contributor
946 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Alhambra:How to decide the time to enter the Nasrid Palace?

The only thing to be aware of is the Alhambra Museum at Carlos V closes early at 2:30 Sun-Tue.

I was there on a Tuesday and I missed out. So I had to head back the next day. The all-inclusive audio guides covers the museum as well so I had to give it back at the end of the day and do without the next day. :(

5. Re: Alhambra:How to decide the time to enter the Nasrid Palace?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, November 25, 2014