We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visiting La Rioja

newberg
Level Contributor
3 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Visiting La Rioja

Hello,

My wife and I are visiting the area in March for 4-5 days, we have been to Donostia and loved it, time to try another area in Spain. We loved the "Pension's" is Donostia and were wondering if there are such and abundance in Pamplona as in the forementioned city. Also, if anyone has any recommendations for a small city to visit in La Rioja (Haro, LaGuardia, etc) we would love to hear some opinions. We like to relax a lot, eat and drink the local food/wines and find ourselves always attracted to the "old town" parts if cities

Thanks!

BARCELONA.SPAIN
Level Contributor
1,717 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Visiting La Rioja

About la Rioja:

I loved specially Briones, San Vicente de la Sonsierra and Laguardia. All of them are quite close so you won´t be wrong with any of them. Have a look at some of my picutres taken during my last three visits to the región, to see what may appeal to you:

www.pbase.com/joseantonio/la_rioja&page=all

Vitoria-Gasteiz...
Level Contributor
111 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Visiting La Rioja

In la Rioja, I would recommend you to visit Laguardia, an enchanting walled town and my favourite in the area. Not only its surroundings are full of "normal" wineries open for visits, but they also have tunnels underneath the town that used to serve as wine cellars and some of them can still be visited today. Here a link with some more information:

euskoguide.com/places-basque-country/la-rioj…

Biarritz, France
Destination Expert
for Biarritz, San Sebastian - Donostia, Basque Country
Level Contributor
4,782 posts
461 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Visiting La Rioja

Laguardia comes recommended from me too. I was inspired after reading this excellent blog: foodie-girl.com/2012/07/walls-of-laguardia-w…

4. Re: Visiting La Rioja

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 am, January 09, 2015