We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip from san Sebastian to Vitória and Pamplona

Funchal
Level Contributor
9 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Trip from san Sebastian to Vitória and Pamplona

I know it's possible to take a bus from San Sebastian to Vitória , i pretend to spend some time there but don't know how many hours it's necessary to see the city. After that , i would like to visit Pamplona at the same day( by bus) and then return to San Sebastian. Do you think is it too much two cities at the same day , do i have time for the two in the same day?I can walk ,I'm in the fourties..

Mentioned in this post
Pamplona
Pamplona
Navarra, Spain
Biarritz, France
Destination Expert
for Biarritz, San Sebastian - Donostia, Basque Country
Level Contributor
5,299 posts
484 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip from san Sebastian to Vitória and Pamplona

You can certainly do both cities in one day but if you want to see more of each then take a whole day to do both. You can also take a train from Pamplona back to San Sebastian: http://www.renfe.com

Mentioned in this post
Pamplona
Pamplona
Navarra, Spain
Vitoria-Gasteiz...
Level Contributor
111 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip from san Sebastian to Vitória and Pamplona

Hi Dodita_13,

I guess you can do both cities in one day... but I really think that it is too much, you will spend more time travelling than enjoying your stay. I you only have one day, I would recommend you to go to Vitoria and skip Pamplona. There is definitely enough to do and see in Vitoria to keep you busy for the day!

euskoguide.com/places-basque-country/cities/…

Mentioned in this post
Pamplona
Pamplona
Navarra, Spain
Malaga, Spain
Level Contributor
67,224 posts
3,764 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trip from san Sebastian to Vitória and Pamplona

Dodita:

Check the top questions in the Vitoria and Pamplona forums. You will see that there is much more to see in Vitoria than Pamplona, so I would skip Pamplona.

Mentioned in this post
Pamplona
Pamplona
Navarra, Spain
Pamplona
Level Contributor
92 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Trip from san Sebastian to Vitória and Pamplona

It is too much. You´ll spend more time in the bus than visiting the sights.

5. Re: Trip from san Sebastian to Vitória and Pamplona

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 am, October 03, 2014