We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bullfights in Pamplona

Lindenhurst...
4 posts
Save Topic
Bullfights in Pamplona

We need seven tickets for the July 7th corrida. How difficult is it to get tickets on the same day?

Fortress and Walls of Pamplona
Historic Sites, Military Bases & Facilities, Military Museums
Pamplona Catedral
Churches & Cathedrals, Architectural Buildings
Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
9,278 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bullfights in Pamplona

It's nearly impossible if you want tendido sombra seats, unless you happen to know someone who can make the arrangements ahead of time and you want to pay the price.

If you want any other type of ticket, you could try your luck with the scalpers (Gypsies) that can usually be found waiting in the front of the bullring late each morning. They will be offering the lower priced sol seats and some upper level sombra seats, but the police were cracking down on scalpers last year, giving them fines, so these seats may not be as readily available this year.

Adelaide
Level Contributor
122 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bullfights in Pamplona

Hi Robert

Sorry for my ignorance, but could you please explain what tendido sombra means?

Thanks

Kate

Madison, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
8,122 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bullfights in Pamplona

Sombra seats are in the shade. These are more prized than the sol seats, which are in the sun. Tenido, I believe, are the lower level seats so tenido sombra would be the best seats in the shade.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
9,278 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bullfights in Pamplona

Precisely Holakjs, generally the best seats available, but there are a few nicer seats in Pamplona, but you need to be willing to kill to get one.

Adelaide
Level Contributor
122 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bullfights in Pamplona

Thanks all! I'm ready and Willing!!!!

Hong Kong
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: Bullfights in Pamplona

Actually how much is the ticket? Is there any way to buy them online?

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
9,278 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bullfights in Pamplona

Tendido sombra seats, the lower level shade seats, are not available to the general public, nor can you purchase any tickets on-line. The bullring sells about 10% of the available tickets to the public the day before the scheduled bullfights, the other 90% are for season ticket holders only. The waiting list to be a season ticket holder is years long.

You may be able to buy tickets from a scalper, but scalping is against the law in Spain, so it may be a bit difficult finding them at times. If you can find the tendido sombra tickets, expect to pay from 250 to 300 euros a ticket, 2 to 2-1/2 times face value. Other tickets start as low as 30 euros each.

Mentioned in this post
Spain
Spain
Europe
Vegas
4 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Bullfights in Pamplona

I'll be arriving on July 9th and I have been corresponding with my hotels' concierge for the last 3 weeks and he was able to get me Tendido seats in the shade. I paid $120 Euros each and will make the exchange when I arrive at the hotel. If you are staying in a hotel, I would suggest getting in touch with your hotels' concierge to see what they may be able to do for you.

Enjoy your trip and enjoy the Bullfight!

-Shannon

San Fermin July 9th - 12th

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
9,278 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Bullfights in Pamplona

The list price for the tendido sombra seats in sections 1, 2 & 3 is 100 euros for an abono, 114 euros for the Fuera de Abono tickets. I'd like to know who your hotels' concierge is if he can work miracles like that.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Bullfights in Pamplona

Echoing Robert's reply, you will not find shade tickets for that price. I paid 500 Euros for two shade tickets last year that were in the ninth row from the ring. Unfortunately, my wife left after 15 minutes after the first bull was killed. It was a shame. What was also a shame was that there was no sun that afternoon, so I wasted a lot of money. Had there been sun, the ticket price was justified, given the good seats. I should also mention that, unless you like beer and wine poured all over you, stay out of the sun "high" sections. Every time something important happened, like when a bull was killed, everyone up there tosses their drinks. It appeared to be accepted behavior, because no one stopped it or seemed to mind. The different sections have radically different behaviors.