We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Booking Balconies Tips

Paris, France
Level Contributor
932 posts
85 reviews
Save Topic
Booking Balconies Tips

I'd like to offer my fellow travellers some tips to help them booking balconies and to avoid any difficulties. If you'd like to add to any of the tips, please add on.

My suggestions are based on more than three negative experiences with Pamplona Posse, whom I would not recommend.

PRICES:

Booking a space is usually presented by 'per person'. The prices from my research can range from 75 euros to 95 euros on average.

SPACE ON THE BALCONY:

Sometimes some companies can pile way too many people on a balcony. The balconies are pretty small, and with three people, that is a pretty good amount of space. 4 people can start to get a little tight for a good view, and more than 4 people may be too much for the average balcony. So be careful to ask how many people they are booking on your balcony.

WHICH STREET TO BOOK ON:

I would suggest a high balcony on Estafeta, because its a longer route and you can see a further distance.

The Curve is on Mercaderes leading into Estafeta. If you can get a balcony at 'The Curve' on Mercaderes facing Estafeta, that's also a good balcony. The remaining balconies are shorter avenues of the run.

WHICH FLOOR:

Lower is nice because you're closer to the action and excitement, but higher up is better because you can see a further distance.

GET A TOUR:

I would advise you to have the company give you a tour to show you your balcony doors ahead of time. The doors are not very prominent and kind of blend in. Companies don't tend to post signs letting you know that's the entrance to the balcony. Last thing you want to do is look for your door down a noisy crowded street in a foreign country :)

*BE CLEAR*

I had more than three occassions with Pamplona Posse where I met a locked door when I arrived at the time they told me to show up, and at the very same doors they showed me on the tour, and of course on the right days as I had my tickets each time. Ensure you ask your company what plan they have in place to ensure someone is available to open the door. Is someone waiting at the door until all customers arrive or are they waiting to be buzzed up?

Three times I had to get in to the building by sneaking in when someone else happened to walk out the building. The individuals meant to open the door were actually sleeping. So ask your company what Plan B they might have in case no one is there to let you in, or if you are buzzing and no one is answering. Ask them what their refund policy is in such cases. Hope you all didn't have the struggle I did to enjoy the bull run each morning!

Hope this helps!

http://runningofthebullsbasics.blogspot.com/

1. Re: Booking Balconies Tips

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 10:05 am, March 31, 2013
Paris, France
Level Contributor
932 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Booking Balconies Tips

We always arrived on time for our balconies with Pamplona Posse, never more th an 5 minutes earlier. The doors were always locked. We got in by buzzing and buzzing, and sneaking in when locals came out, and sometimes being denied entry by others as Pamplona Posse was not there. We often had to search between buildings and crawl under barriars with someone in my group who had a disability. That was not easy for us. We had to run up and down 5 flights of stairs. Yes we got to our balcony, but look what we went through. And yes, we did come to complain,but they didn't take our complaints seriously.

To each his own, I respect how people want to spend the fiesta, in terms of drinking, but my preference is to avoid that and I dont think I should be judged no more than you want to be judged for how you spend it. Theres a lot of other areas to spend your time during the fiesta. Regardless if they choose to drink or not, its none of my business, but I simply I propose that Pamplona Posse ensure that their workers are able to wake up and wait at the door. If Pamplona Posse would like to state that expectation is unrealistic because the workers want to drink to the extent that they can't wake up to let customers in, then potential customers must that into consideration.

The rest of your statements are purely your speculation and I will not entertain it.

Birmingham
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Booking Balconies Tips

Yet again you have got a reasonable response removed. You continue to lie and confuse people. You got your balcony views hence not a problem. You did not complain at the time, you arrived too early and you do not understand the fiesta. You also have continually lied and I am going to take you to court for that. We always treat our customers well and i am not putting up with your harassment. If trip advisor will not stop your invective I am sure a lawyer will. This is unfair comment. Your blog site is a joke! Try to understand the fiesta before somebodies dies looking at some of the advice you offer!

4. Re: Booking Balconies Tips

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 8:05 pm, March 31, 2013
Playa del Carmen...
Level Contributor
64 posts
291 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Booking Balconies Tips

I am lawyer and the truth is a complete defense any claim that you make against the poster. I used your service several years ago and had many of the same complaints. As a travel agency you should focus on making your clients happy and fixing the problems they identify not trying to intimidate them into silence.

California, Maryland
9 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Booking Balconies Tips

True information.

I add to ask about how much space on balcony and people.

Too many people on blacony is hard view.

7. Re: Booking Balconies Tips

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, March 04, 2015