We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where To Stay During San Fermin?

San Francisco, CA
Level Contributor
31 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Where To Stay During San Fermin?

Hi guys,

A friend and I would like to attend San Fermin. We are late to the party in booking hotels. Does anyone have any ideas of where to stay to minimize hotel prices this late in the game? The cheapest I see in Pamplona is about 200-300 EUR per night.

How far out can we stay while still making it a reasonable journey to the festivities each day?

Thanks!!

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
9,278 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where To Stay During San Fermin?

You can stay in one of the suburbs, but the prices in general are 3 to 5 times the normal rate anywhere in the area. €200 to €300/night should get you a good 4-star hotel in the area, if you can find rooms available.

You don't want to be too far out because of the transportation issue. The local buses are crowded and if you're staying too far out, you will not be able to get into the city until after the encierro.

San Francisco, CA
Level Contributor
31 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Where To Stay During San Fermin?

Thanks for the reply, robert2533! I temporarily booked a room at Hotel Husa Noain. It has a no-fee cancellation policy, so I thought it best to secure a place now.

That being said...do you think it is in a good location, i.e. will it be difficult to get to the festivities from here?

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
9,278 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where To Stay During San Fermin?

The hotel is out near the airport. The nearest bus line would be about a 1/2 mile walk away. Taxis are an option expect on the 6th and 7th, when they will be very busy, as only half the normal fleet will be working on any one day.

San Francisco, CA
Level Contributor
31 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Where To Stay During San Fermin?

the NH Iruña is available and is on the higher side of our budget. It seems like it's only 2km from the Running of the Bulls route.

It seems to be getting pretty good reviews. Do you have any knowledge to share?

Thanks!

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
9,278 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where To Stay During San Fermin?

It's actually called the NH Iruña Park, an older 4-star where some of the matadors stay. It's not bad and area around the hotel is a mix of residential and small businesses, and it's near Yamaguchi Park (turismonavarra.es/eng/…).

It's an easy 25-minute walk from the hotel to the Plaza del Castillo and it's on the main bus line, the #2 route (tccpamplona.com/en/schedules-and-routes/day-…).

You'll be comfortable there and will be able to get some sleep.

San Francisco, CA
Level Contributor
31 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Where To Stay During San Fermin?

Thanks for all of the help!

San Francisco, CA
Level Contributor
31 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Where To Stay During San Fermin?

Hi, robert...

I am about to book a room at the NH Iruña Park hotel through hotels.com, but I see that there are two options available: "Standard - The Organizers" and "Standard". The "Standard" is about $25/night more expensive, but I cannot figure out the differences between the two rooms.

Do you have any ideas? I called hotels.com and they were unaware of the differences.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
9,278 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Where To Stay During San Fermin?

I'd book through the hotel's own website and forget hotels.com. It's much easier (www.nh-hotels.com) and you'll be working through the hotel.

The "Organizers" rate. a 25% discount, is a prepaid rate with no refund should your travel plans change.

The conditions of the rate shown are:

Guaranteed

Prepayment of 100% of booking

Cancellations not allowed

Cancellation fee is equal to the total cost of your stay.

Modifications not allowed

If the guests does not arrive at the hotel, the full amount for the stay will be charged

San Francisco, CA
Level Contributor
31 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Where To Stay During San Fermin?

Hi, Robert...

I am trying to book a round trip train from Barcelona to Pamplona, but renfe says none are available. Does this mean they are sold out? If so, what are some other options of getting to pamplona from either Madrid or Barcelona?

Thanks!

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
24,272 posts
298 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Where To Stay During San Fermin?

Sa177ir,

It's too early to buy July train tickets online. Those are offered around 62 days in advance.

Make sure to read the Top Question about buying Renfe tickets online. It's a bit complicated but savings can be up to 60%!

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g187514-c80518/Madrid…