We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pamplona to Jaca by bus

Mayo
Level Contributor
95 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Pamplona to Jaca by bus

I need to get a bus from Pamplona to Puenta la Reina de Jaca at beginning og Sept. -1st.-5th Sept. There used to be buses travelling from Pamplona to Huesca via Puenta la Reina de Jaca, but I cannot find the service. Any suggestions how to get to Puenta la Reina or Jaca by evening ? Train from Astorga or Leon into Pamplona 17.08. Muchas Gracias. Tambien puedo entender espanol.

derby
Level Contributor
597 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Pamplona to Jaca by bus

I've never been to any of these places but I've got a long list of links to Spanish bus services. These tell me that the timetable should be at www.alosa.es .

Unfortunately, this isn't very helpful. There's a bus at 17.15 in August, but not September. If you fill in the details on the front page of the website, it says that there aren't any buses on 1st or 2nd Sept, but that there is one on the Sat morning. If you click on "rutas, horarios,precios" you eventually get to a route timetable, which says that there is one bus per day on Mondays to Fridays after August, though at a different time to Saturdays. Which one is right is anyone's guess. In either case it's no help if you arrive at 17.08 on 1st Sept.

You could try contacting Alosa, details are on the website.

Edited: 6:21 am, August 08, 2011
Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
9,278 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pamplona to Jaca by bus

The Alosa Bus runs from Pamplona to Puenta la Reina de Jaca. There are typically two departures each day during the week, 11:05 and 17:15. The cost is €6, one-way.

www.alosa.es/

Mayo
Level Contributor
95 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pamplona to Jaca by bus

Thankyou Frankfog. Yes, this was my problem too but you will see Robert syuggests there are two a day - even in Sept.. that stop at Puenta la Reina de Jaca ,which would be my stop. Looks like I may have to stay the night in Pamplona. Any suggestions for a cheap Hostal or Pension near bus station in Pamplona?

Mayo
Level Contributor
95 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Pamplona to Jaca by bus

And thanyou too Robert. Maybe i should confirm with Alosa. Any accommodation suggestions either.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
9,278 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Pamplona to Jaca by bus

There are a number of places a short walk from the main bus station, but I'n not that familiar with the hostels.

You can check out: www.turismodepamplona.es/verpagina.aspx…

Mayo
Level Contributor
95 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Pamplona to Jaca by bus

Thanks for that website Robert. Still having trouble with bus to Puenta la Reina de Jaca or Jaca. Site showing nothing for Sept. Didn't contact Alosa yet and now travelling tomorrow and won't be near computer for a while. Any research gratefully received! Gracias

7. Re: Pamplona to Jaca by bus

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 pm, October 07, 2012