We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Accommodation during the Running of the Bulls

Bristol
3 posts
Save Topic
Accommodation during the Running of the Bulls

A group of us are looking to go to the Running of the Bulls this year. We've sorted travel BUT we're struggling with accommodation.

What's the best way to do it? There's likely to be 10 in the group, so we initially thought about appartments. We're not looking for anything luxurious - so the cheaper the better.

We'd like to stay fairly central, but we're open to any advice we can get....

Lindenhurst...
4 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Accommodation during the Running of the Bulls

contact Nieves at the ERREKA travel service in Pamplona. nieves@erreka.net

They got us three rooms at the AC Cuidad.

Where are you from? What days will you be be there?

Bristol
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Accommodation during the Running of the Bulls

Thanks for the tip. We're going on July 12 to get the end of the Fiesta. Any other pearls of wisdom you can share???

3. Re: Accommodation during the Running of the Bulls

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 4:35 am, July 19, 2013
4. Re: Accommodation during the Running of the Bulls

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:56 pm, February 15, 2006
Adelaide
Level Contributor
121 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Accommodation during the Running of the Bulls

Hi all

Unfortunately I am forced to provide negative feedback about the Pamplona Posse. The guy who runs it is really on the take. We were charged 110 pounds per night for accommodation and 60 pounds each for "balcony seats" to watch the run.

When we arrived we were not met as arranged. We had to call the organiser who had got our arrival date wrong, he was ABSOLUTELY blind drunk and then we had to wait one and a half hours for our key. The hallway of our accommodation reeked of urine and we were shown into a room with two twin beds, not a double bed as arranged, and which was decorated in 70's style with a bed cover of the same age. I will not even attempt to describe the state of the bathroom. To top it off our "roommate" lumbered down the hall and introduced himself. We were not made aware that we were going to have a "roommate" and there was nowhere in the apartment to lock our stuff up.

We immediately checked out the first hotel we came across - Hotel Yoldi - and got a room (even though the Posse will try to tell you that it is impossible to get a room during the Festival) for less than we had paid for the "apartment".

These guys really don't provide anything that you can't arrange yourself, and make a fortune off you for the anything that they do provide you with. I would say they are only suitable for backpackers or those who are prepared to do it really rough, but you pay an absolute fortune for the priveledge so can't even do that! My advice is do your research and arrange everything yourself.

That said, we had a ball at the fiesta - I will post another, more positive review later!

pez
ireland
Level Contributor
90 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Accommodation during the Running of the Bulls

Hi! We went to Pamplona this year. It was an experience to say the least! Worth going! Mad! I booked our accommodation through a very well know travel book, we stayed at the Pension Esacray. I would definately not recommend this! In the guide book it described it as clean rooms and bathrooms. We stayed 5 nights and we didn't have clean sheets, she didn't even make the bed, would not give us clean towels, the bathrooms were FILTHY and obviously the bedrooms were not cleaned at all. And we paid €125 a night for the priviage!! We had to pay half before we got there and the rest upon arrival!

We enojoyed the party atmosphere and dressing in red and white is a must, but it gets you into the spirt. If we went again I probably wouldn't stay longer than 2 nights, as your burn out especially if your accommodation is in the heart of things.