We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rail Tickets from Pamplona

Which Pamplona hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Seattle
Level Contributor
43 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Rail Tickets from Pamplona

My boyfriend and I are going to be in Pamplona this summer and have been advised to purchase our train tickets in advance because of the crowds associated with San Fermin. We've attempted to do so through RailEurope, but were told that due to an internal error they could not book the tickets on the train we've requested. A train is running at the time we'd requested, but we have to look to another source to book tickets/reservations. Does anyone know another outlet for pre-purchasing Spain Rail tickets from the U.S.? We leave next week, so it's important that we get this done now. We've tried contacting our hotel, but have not had much luck, and because neither of us speaks Spanish we're in a bit of a bind. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for your help....

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
9,278 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rail Tickets from Pamplona

If you are refering about booking a rail ticket out of Pamplona, then you can make your reservations the day you arrive in the city, or you can check out the Renfe's own web site at: https://w1.renfe.es/vbi/indexu.html

Seattle
Level Contributor
43 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rail Tickets from Pamplona

I went to renfe.es and tried to book the ticket directly, but it said I had to first set up an account. I tried to do this, but one peice of info it asked for was an N.I.F. Do you know what this is? I couldn't figure it out and I can't proceed without filling it in. Also, do you understand what their policy is concerning ticket pick up for first time customers? A window popped up briefly describing something regarding this, but it was relatively unclear. I leave in a week and would really like to book my ticket before I depart for Europe. Since we'll only be in Pamplona for a couple of days, we'd be a lot more comfortable taking care of this now. Any further advice you can offer will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!!

Spain
Level Contributor
515 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Rail Tickets from Pamplona

NIF is Identification Number of identity card in Spain. I am not sure that if you write there your passport number , you could fill in the form, maybe is not posible to book if you are not from Spain. But you could try it.

It is not posible to book at raieurope.com ?

Another option, if everything goes wrong with your pre-booking, it's once in Spain, go to the first Train station you'll find and make the reservation there.You can book any train in any station. (That could be the last option)

Good luck!!

Atlanta
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Rail Tickets from Pamplona

We just purchased tickets through Rail Europe. Although the website states they are sold out, you can order via phone at 800-848-7245.

Seattle
Level Contributor
43 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Rail Tickets from Pamplona

We purchased tickets through Rail Europe, we just had to settle for an earlier time. It was the one specific route (5:08 pm on 7/13) that they were unable to confirm tickets for. We got tickets (reserved second class) for an earlier train to Barcelona on the same day. We're leaving this weekend for Europe, so Monday was really the last day we could book!

Thanks!

USA
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Rail Tickets from Pamplona

How long was the train ride from Madrid to Pamplona? How much did it cost? Thanks for the info.

USA
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Rail Tickets from Pamplona

How long was the train ride from Madrid to Pamplona? How much did it cost? Thanks for the info.