We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay in March on Costa Calida !

North Yorkshire...
Level Contributor
39 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Where to stay in March on Costa Calida !

Can anyone advise which would be the best resort in March. We're a retired couple wanting relaxed days, who enjoy a good selection of shops, bars and restaurants.

Torrox, Spain
Level Contributor
3,822 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay in March on Costa Calida !

We are looking for similar information. Can anyone advise please?

Felbridge, United...
Level Contributor
1,549 posts
430 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to stay in March on Costa Calida !

Cartagena has a good shopping centre, and numerous bars and restaurants. Also lots to see in the area.

Torrox, Spain
Level Contributor
3,822 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to stay in March on Costa Calida !

<<Cartagena has a good shopping centre, and numerous bars and restaurants. Also lots to see in the area.>>

Thanks for that. We would prefer to stay in a smaller place although a trip into Cartagena is planned.

San Cayetano, Spain
Level Contributor
132 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to stay in March on Costa Calida !

Hi Campolady,

I have just send a PM to you because it has also relation with your previous forum topic.

Kind regards, W

North Yorkshire...
Level Contributor
39 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to stay in March on Costa Calida !

Thanks Llamacalmer just wondered if Cartagena would be too built up, do you know which of the coastal resorts might be better or is there a resort on Orihuela costa more suitable.

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia, Seville
Level Contributor
61,673 posts
3,656 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where to stay in March on Costa Calida !

sunnyjean:

Another possible resort is Torrevieja.

Torrox, Spain
Level Contributor
3,822 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Where to stay in March on Costa Calida !

<<Hi Campolady,

I have just send a PM to you because it has also relation with your previous forum topic.

Kind regards, W>>

Thank you so much for your very informative and helpful message - very much appreciated.

San Cayetano, Spain
Level Contributor
132 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Where to stay in March on Costa Calida !

Hi SunnyJean,

I don't know about Torrevieja, but I think Cartagena is a quite relaxed city. On the coast, smaller place like Los Alcazares is nice with many restaurants and bars, but there is not too many shops. I heard that Puerto de Mazarrón is very nice too, however I have never been there yet.

Last month my husband and I, we went to Santa Pola (close to Alicante). We like the place. Thanks to the south facing position, Santa Pola enjoys all day sunshine :-) Besides you can take a very short boat ride to Isla Tabarca. Isla Tabarca has been declared as National Historical Area since 1964.

North Yorkshire...
Level Contributor
39 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Where to stay in March on Costa Calida !

Thank you for your reply. I did have Los Alcazares in mind would there be enough to do for 2 weeks, I think we would need a car?. Is Santa Pola smaller and is there easy access into Alicante?

San Cayetano, Spain
Level Contributor
132 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Where to stay in March on Costa Calida !

Hi SunnyJean,

For 2 weeks I would certainly recommend to rent a car. The road conditions are good and usually there are not too many cars on the road (compares with Northern Europe), so it is very easy and relax to drive. Los Alcazares is a friendly and relaxing resort town. It is a good place to relax and it is also a good base to explore the region. Cartagena and Murcia is about 30 minutes drive. It is about 60 minutes drive to Alicante or Santa Pola. Santa Pola is largier and busier than los Alcazares and more built-up, so if you prefer to stay at a quiet place, Los Alcazares is probably a better option.

Just a small impression about the region, this is a link to our photo album which is categoried per locations: https:/…albums

Get answers to your questions about Murcia