We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car hire - Murcia Airport

Stafford, United...
Level Contributor
8 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Car hire - Murcia Airport

Anyone recoomend the best car hire company that is based at Murcia airport?

Thanks in advance

Mentioned in this post
Murcia
Murcia
Region of Murcia, Spain
121 replies to this topic
Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Car hire - Murcia Airport

we have booked our car hire through torrecar car rental, they will meet you either at Murcia or Alicante . They work out of a van in the car park at Murcia, but don't be put off as we have never had any problem with them and they offer full/full on fuel - which can be quite a bit of saving. Only a small company but we've never had problems - used them for over 10 years now.

Mentioned in this post
Murcia
Murcia
Region of Murcia, Spain
Alicante
Alicante
Costa Blanca, Spain
Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Car hire - Murcia Airport

Hi - how did you find Gold Car ? I booked through a recommended site and it appears that they have passed this to Gold Car. Hopefully it is simple !

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: Car hire - Murcia Airport

I have cancelled my booking with Gold Car, I was really concerned when I read the posts and todays post doesn't get any better. I have booked with Sol-mar.

Renfrew Scotland
Level Contributor
70 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: Car hire - Murcia Airport

We did a web search and booked through Do you Spain and ended up with Gold Star, they were fine but as previous poster said if you don't take the extra insurance they want a 500 euro deposit. Only other thing was that most others on our flight used Gold Star so we had to Wait about 45 mins to get served, would gladly have paid the extra to the other company's who had no customers to get away faster

Mentioned in this post
Spain
Spain
Europe
Suffolk
Level Contributor
1 post
14 reviews
Save Reply
25. Re: Car hire - Murcia Airport

Do not use firefly / do u spain. Car was cheap but we only used about 10 euros of fuel but was charged 86 euros on there strange full - empty policy. We only wanted the car to do the airport run + a trip to the supermarket. Asked for some sort of refund but was told " no chance ". Good scam if they can do that a few times a week.

Ascot, United...
1 post
Save Reply
26. Re: Car hire - Murcia Airport

Never use Goldcar. They take at least 1 hour upon arrival to process you for your car hire with only 1 person at the desk.. They want to charge you €6 per day extra insurance, if not €600 taken from your credit card. Full/Empty policy with fuel charged at an additional premium of €30 per tank compared to local pump prices.You never get the car you have booked but due to the long queues you are just grateful to get a car and get away.

Plenty of other options for a few euros more, look around.

bromsgrove
Level Contributor
4 posts
190 reviews
Save Reply
27. Re: Car hire - Murcia Airport

Try easyoption.com Friendly people they meet you at arrivals, no queuing at a desk and the paperwork & payment is taken once you have inspected the vehicle. You pay for fuel you use i.e. if you receive it with half a tank bring it back with half a tank. Have used them frequently over the last few years of so never a problem

And like a previous post says - AVOID Goldcar

Chertsey, United...
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
28. Re: Car hire - Murcia Airport

I just returned from Murcia having rented a car with Luzcars. They were friendly and helpful and had no hidden charges. I would recommend them, especially with the Full/Full option, over other companies that seem at face value to be cheaper.

They operate out of a van which was fine.. and no queues

What's more I reversed the car in to a post and damaged the rear bumper and I hadn't taken out the extra insurance. They didn't fleece me for the full excess, didn't replace the whole bumper although they could have done, but just charged me for repainting it. When things like this happen, it is when you really find out what a company is like - and I would rent with them again any time.

Mentioned in this post
Murcia
Murcia
Region of Murcia, Spain
London, United...
1 post
Save Reply
29. Re: Car hire - Murcia Airport

My girlfriend and I went for a weekend break at the begining of April this year. We opted for a cheaper car rental with Dickmans hire. it was €7/ day, you were given half a tank of fuel and told to return this empty. We had filled the tank up during our stay as we had done a fair few miles in the car sight seeing. On returning the vehicle Sunday afternoon the fuel was at a slightly higher level than we had been given. We knew that there was no refund on unused fuel policy, but I showed the manager the fuel stating that the amount purchased by us was an over sight on our part. We did not expect a refund for it, but thought that we should perhaps not be charged the refuelling cost and administration charge. The guy was not happy that we had fuel in the car. We got home and to our amazement he insisted we had removed documents from the vehicle and so fined us €100 to get his money from us another way. This is an extremely underhand company. I would not use them again and stress to people that a better way of hiring a car is to opt for a more expensive rent a car that asks for the fuel to be replaced that you use. The fuel in Spain is very cheap and hire companies accross the board make their money from foreigners via this channel, charging around 2.5 times the cost to recharge empty tanks. A typical small car may cost €40 to fill but they will charge you €100. If you pay more for rental and fill up what you use yourself it will cost you less overall. Ken & Samantha E1.

Mentioned in this post
Spain
Spain
Europe
Christchurch...
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
30. Re: Car hire - Murcia Airport

Just a warning on Goldcar at Murcia Airport. We have used them previously but are not keen on some of their practices or the long queues so don't use them anymore. Anyway arrived at Murcia Airport at 10.00 am a couple of Saturday ago. The queue for the Goldcar desk went a quarter of the way down the length of the terminal. A guy in the queue estimated a two and a half to three hour wait. We had booked with Avis just down the airport slip road. A bit more expensive but shuttle bus service with no waiting and a full/full fuel policy.

Mentioned in this post
Murcia
Murcia
Region of Murcia, Spain
Reply to: Car hire - Murcia Airport
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted