We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

El Valle golf resot nightmare.

Which Murcia hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Middlesbrough...
Level Contributor
95 posts
1 review
Save Topic
El Valle golf resot nightmare.

Just got back 10 days of hell. Club house and supermarket both very expensive, Irish bar shut, villa was a disgrace,(booked Villa Amber with holiday rentals 365. Bloke called Bobby was working as their management company - what a joke. We DID NOT get Villa Amber. We got a Shabby villa with no Internet (villa was advertised as wireless internet broadband) no microwave, iron, ironing board, bed sheets, telephone, pool net, filthy barbaque and very dirty. We where booked in 5 star Villa Amber but got 1 star villa s--thole. If you have booked Villa Amber check that you are getting what you have paid for. thanks scotch bobby!

41. Re: El Valle golf resot nightmare.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 6:05 am, February 05, 2014
London, United...
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
42. Re: El Valle golf resot nightmare.

Just got back from spending 9 days in El Valle Resort. Agree that the resort is a little isolated and you do indeed need a car. The resort is about 20 minutes in land from San Javier. It is very tidy and well presented. 24 hour security at the entrance is very comforting.

The place was very quiet and some villas are in better condition than others although most seem fine. Ours was great. The villa layout, which is replicated throughout, is great although the kitchens are small.

The on site supermarket is great value and open long hours. Very useful. Not hugely well stocked but certainly suitable for most requirements.

The restaurant was great. Excellent food and good value. Most mornings spent with a latte on the patio.

We visited Mar Menor - La Manga (40 minutes drive) and the beach was lovely. Mar Menor beach / water is excellent. Great for children and water sports.

Los Alcazares was poor. Beach was ok but lack of bars and restaurants. Area really lacked a marina/shopping zone which would have added life.

Murcia town nice but mixed. One section lovely but immediately adjoined by a poorer street. Nice morning spent there though.

Overall resort fine providing your villa is suitable but you are away from the beach.

Scotland
Level Contributor
1,136 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
43. Re: El Valle golf resot nightmare.

"Los Alcazares was poor"

Seriously ?

tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaurants-g736856-Los_Al…

I'd do here a million times before being stuck out in the boonies where it most certainly is quiet.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
44. Re: El Valle golf resot nightmare.

Hello,

We just returned from two weeks at El Valle Golf Resort and we had the best holiday we have had in years. We stayed in Villa Vista booked with villarenters.co.uk and it was absolutely stunning, exactly like the pictures. We arrived on the resort on 5th July. I agree that the resort is a bit isolated, we hired a car and so the direct link to the motorway made this absolutely fine. You also didn't feel isolated because there were villas next door. The resort was very quiet but that's how we like it. We didn't play golf, as we are not golfers, but the golf resort did look very pretty and we did see quite a few people hiring golf buggies and playing golf. We ate in the clubhouse probably about 6 times and went for drinks on a few other occasions. The food was great, except I didn't really rate the pizza. I would recommend the bolognaise and lasagne. The menu was outstanding; I can't imagine anyone not being able to eat from it. They sold pizza, pasta, curry, paella, sandwiches, burgers, fish and meat dishes as well as a selection of desserts and starters. We found the clubhouse to be very tastefully decorated with really friendly English speaking staff. It also offered free Wi-Fi and there was plenty of space both inside and outside. The irish bar was closed but you didn't need it, the clubhouse had a very pleasant bar and they even put the world cup on a large screen in there. Each evening different events occurred at the clubhouse, be it DJ night, live music or even traditional Spanish flamenco, all for free. My biggest pleasant surprise was the supermarket on the resort. It stocked anything you would ever need on holiday such as all the essential grocery items, crisps, biscuits, cakes, sweets and drinks. In addition to this it sold crockery and cutlery. It also had things like cotton buds, washing tablets, postcards, maps, stationary and even inflatables for the beach. We also bought beach mats for 1.60 euros each!!! The staff were lovely and I actually found many items cheaper than in the local Spanish supermarkets.

Places worth a visit include Murcia, Los Alcazares, Cartagena, and the stunning Cabo de Palos. I wouldn't bother with Lorca as there wasn't much there at all. Santiago de la Ribera was a really nice beach town, the beach was very busy but full of pleasant people and after about 2pm it became much quieter due to the Spanish going for their lunch. The water was very clean and quite warm as well. There are boats every two hours over to La Manga from here too, a few shops, a very nice ice-cream parlour on the front and we did see a road train but no one was on it! Perhaps we were a bit too early. Good shopping centres include Dos Mares at San Javier and the centres in Murcia near Ikea.

We did go over to La Torre a couple of times which we weren't as keen on, we found it a bit busier and it didn't have the same five star feel that El Valle had, I would recommend the paella restaurant there though, the staff again were fantastic as well as the paella being delicious.

I hope this review helps all those wishing to visit El Valle, it is truly a wonderful place.

Murcia, Spain
1 post
Save Reply
45. Re: El Valle golf resot nightmare.

I previously contacted you to remove my name from this message as I do not work for any company as I am independent and work with villas of all descriptions as they are in all different locations and conditions. I have helped thousands of people on el valle and took no payment for your holiday. You had no contract from my company indicating anything about villa rentals, where you would be staying or indeed what the villa contained. Whilst I sympathise if you do not remove this slanderess remark I will have no hesitation suing you. In future please get your information correct as it's very damaging for innocent people and this site needs to be regulated.

Ashby de la Zouch...
Level Contributor
1 post
7 reviews
Save Reply
46. Re: El Valle golf resot nightmare.

We are very sorry to hear these negative comments and the poor experiences some people have had at El Valle and in particular the experience with the booking agent, we have a property on El Valle and it is furnished to a very high standard, has air con and wifi. We always get fabulous reviews with many people boooking repeat holidays. The resort itself is quiet and we are very honest in telling people that a car is essential to really enjoy the area. The clubhouse is beautiful overlooking the golf course which is stunning and challenging. The restaurant provides breakfast, lunch and dinner menus and we understand there was live entertainment throughout the summer this year. To read our reviews go to Owners Direct property S12799

London, England
Level Contributor
2 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
47. Re: El Valle golf resot nightmare.

it was obviously so bad it affected your spelling!

48. Re: El Valle golf resot nightmare.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, November 11, 2015