We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

El Mojon

Which Murcia hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
7 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
El Mojon

I'm visiting El Mojon in July. Can anyone tell me anything about the El Mojon itself?

What restaurants would people recommend?

What should I go and see?

Bromley Kent
Level Contributor
832 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: El Mojon

El Mojon lies at the Southern boundary of the Alicante district of the greater "province"of Valencia - infact, I think ElMojon actually translate to The border/boundary.

We have not stayed there before but stay in the next town down the coast of Lo Pagan, so most of my comments will be based on observations from visiting to go to the beach and to drive on through it to the town on the other side "Torre De La Horrada".

El Mojon itself does not really seem to have a town centre as such and seems to be more of the sprawl of Torre (above). It always seems to be a fairly quiet place.

Most of the properties seem to be a stone's throw from the wonderful sandy Blue Flag beach that it boasts.

This beach is on the Med coast and offers lovely soft sand and the deaper , and sometimes more choppy and rugged waters of the Med itself. This is my favourite beach as I prefer the more rugged coast but the kids like the shallows of the Mar Menor!

If you fancy something a bit different, take a drive to Lo Pagan (5 mins by car) for the shallow, Mill pond like waters of Lo Pagan on the Mar Menor.

For details on restuarants see my post on resturants in Lo Pagan area.

This area is not full of night clubs and bars - although you will find a few. We come here every year with our family and throuroughly enjoy the warm weather and the coast. We always hire a car so that we can travel to diferrent beaches, do day trips out and go the the shops too!

Have a great holiday.

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
7 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: El Mojon

Thanks for that info, I look forward to my visit.

3. Re: El Mojon

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:28 am, September 24, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Murcia