We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Birthday suggestions??

Richmond, Virginia
Level Contributor
52 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Birthday suggestions??

We will be in Madrid next month for my brothers 60th birthday – any suggestions for something fun to do? Or a good friendly restaurant where I can pre-arrange a cake? I’m looking for something casual, not touristy, and not too expensive. It will be a Friday - Just laid back fun and something that would be worth remembering.

NJ
Level Contributor
166 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Birthday suggestions??

We had a wonderful meal at Algarabia, Calle Union, 8. This street is near the Plaza de Oriente. The restaurant is run by 2 sisters. One is the chef and one runs the front. These 2 women treat you like family and the food is delicious. We spent the entire evening there (from 9:30 until 1 AM). I can't recommend this restaurant enough. I am certain that you will enjoy it. It is the perfect place for a small birthday celebration. The restaurant is small, but there was a party of 8 or 10 when we were there. I am not sure about pre-arranging a cake, but you can ask. Check out the reviews on tripadvisor. You can go to their website and make a reservation. I can't wait to return to Madrid to eat there again.

Malaga, Spain
Level Contributor
69,774 posts
3,785 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Birthday suggestions??

luv:

One of my favorite restaurants is Restaurante Jose Luis (Calle Serrano, 89), which is famous for its tapas. They have a regular menu with many good choices. You cannot pre-arrange a cake at most restaurants because that is not the custom Spain. Instead have the chocolate cake, which is out of this world.

Afterward you can go shopping at Calle Serrano. Across the restaurant is a very nice museum called the Lazaro Galdiano Museum, which is very good and one of my favorite small museums, never crowded.

Madrid, Spain
Level Contributor
8,229 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Birthday suggestions??

I also recommend the cosy Algarabía for a birthday dinner. Closed on Sunday.

restaurantealgarabia.com/el-restaurante/

4. Re: Birthday suggestions??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, February 22, 2015