We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Safest area or place to stay in madrid

Which Madrid hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Safest area or place to stay in madrid

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:47 am, March 03, 2014
Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia, Seville
Level Contributor
55,318 posts
3,494 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Safest area or place to stay in madrid

Dani:

The upscale Barrio Salamanca is very safe and there is no prostitucion there. It also has very good shopping at Calle Serrano.

One of the best tapas places is Restaurante Jose Luis at Calle Serrano, 89. Their chocolate cake is heavenly.

Brussels, Belgium
Destination Expert
for Seville
Level Contributor
3,981 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Safest area or place to stay in madrid

Madrid is a very safe place and there are no no-go zones in the city center. There are some no-go zones in the outskirts but you really need to look for them and are miles away from the center, so no chance you can ever go there.

I would say anywhere inside ringroad M-30/Calle 30 is very safe.

Staying anywhere in the city center is safe AND convinient for visits/walking to places. Check tripadvisor.com/Travel-g187514-c112916/Madri… for different neighborhoods in the city center.

London, United...
8 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Safest area or place to stay in madrid

Madrid is a pretty safe city. The areas around Sol, Gran Via, La Latina are all busy and quite touristy so you shouldn't see many problems. The only place I would probably avoid, particularly at night is Lavapies which sometimes gets a bit dodgy (not always though!)

Madison, Wisconsin
Destination Expert
for Madrid
Level Contributor
8,111 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Safest area or place to stay in madrid

Downtown Cleveland at midnight vs. historic center of Madrid at midnight. No comparison. The former I wouldn't try alone, but the latter, absolutely, no problem. The night is young. I should add one of our daughters lived eight years in Lakewood, Ohio and loved it so that is my source of information.

5. Re: Safest area or place to stay in madrid

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, February 15, 2014