We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First time in Spain. Itinerary suggestions please....

Miller Place, New...
Level Contributor
52 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
First time in Spain. Itinerary suggestions please....

I am coming to Spain with my family (wife and two children 19 & 23) on May 17 till May 27. I am staying 3 nights in Madrid, 3 nights in Seville and 4 nights in Barcelona. All hotel reservations have been made and I intend to travel by AVE train between cities. There seems to be more to do in each city than we will have time for. So if there are any kind people out there who enjoy creating itineraries It would be most welcome. We enjoy everything that major cities provide including food, culture, shopping & historical sites.

Appreciate all suggestions.

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia, Seville
Level Contributor
62,618 posts
3,724 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: First time in Spain. Itinerary suggestions please....

Jim:

In Madrid you could do one day trip to Toledo or one to Segovia. Read about these day trips in the top questions of this forum. The other days you could see the Royal Palace, the Prado, Plaza Mayor, El Retiro Park.

In Seville, you could see the Cathedral, Giralda, Alcazar and the Plaza de España (my favorite plaza in Spain).

In Barcelona you can do a day trip to Montserrat. Read about this day trip in the top questions of the Barcelona forum. See the Sagrada Familia and buy a ticket beforehand. See one of the top questions in the Barcelona forum for this.

Have a great trip!

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
31,417 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: First time in Spain. Itinerary suggestions please....

In Sevilla visit the www.flamencomuseum.com and maybe try a lesson Ole! :)

Madison, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
8,115 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: First time in Spain. Itinerary suggestions please....

Thumbs up on Benny's suggestions. Also the top questions at the right hand side of this page are where the "top questions" sections are located. ..at least for Madrid, Similar location on the Barcelona forum.

There is a lot of free information in this TA forum. Enjoy and buen viaje.

Northampton, MA
Level Contributor
3,998 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: First time in Spain. Itinerary suggestions please....

Take the kids on a tour of the bullring in Sevilla.

Madison, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
8,115 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: First time in Spain. Itinerary suggestions please....

Also, they might like tour of Bernabeu Stadium...the home to Real Madrid soccer team. I tolerate soccer, (not a huge fan) but that self-tour was a highlight for me.

Miller Place, New...
Level Contributor
52 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: First time in Spain. Itinerary suggestions please....

Thank you all for your suggestions!

Leiden, The...
Level Contributor
441 posts
383 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: First time in Spain. Itinerary suggestions please....

tripadvisor.com/GoListDetail-i26182-4_days_i…

maybe my triplist can give some inspiration as well?

8. Re: First time in Spain. Itinerary suggestions please....

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, February 08, 2014