We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
1 post
39 reviews
Save Topic
which are the best locations to stay in madrid... we are travelling as a couple, would be able to spend around 100 euros per night.

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia, Seville
Level Contributor
59,309 posts
3,585 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: location

Kalchakram:

The best location is the upscale Barrio Salamanca. Less expensive is Plaza Santa Ana and the Gran Via.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
30,841 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: location

Check accommodation within you budget www.venere.com

www.madrid-tourist-guide.com

Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
9,242 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: location

Best is too relative. Benny and others in this forum love Barrio de Salamanca. I personally find it too posh and lquite dull (as I do not care about expensive brands) and too far away from most places of touristy interest, so you have to use public transport a lot.

My personal favorite is Argüelles, its neither central (even you can walk to plaza de e España) but it has an authentic Madrid's feel and its plenty of shops, bars and eateries where the locals go.

However, for a short stay, I would reccomend better to stay as central as possible. Near Ópera/ Royal Palace, or plaza de Santa Ana, barrio de las Letras... These will give you a feel of "old Madrid" (even its not that old on European terms) and you will be able to walk to most places of interest. Metro in Madrid is excellent, but IMO is better to spend your holiday time enjoying the city surface than underground :-))

Level Contributor
156 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: location

Hi, I haven't stayed at this hotel, but I like the location, it's in a good and quiet neighborhood, across Principe Pio metro station and mall, a stop away from being in the center of the major sites, the Acta Madfor Hotel, just renovated and everything new. Here's their web site,

www.hotel-madfor.com

Madison, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
8,111 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: location

mapegp, I have stayed at this hotel Acta Madforsome time ago. It has been renovated. Quiet neighborhood if not quiet street.

I would still prefer a closer to the historic center such as Plaza de Santa Ana/Huertas/Letras neighbor. Referred to by any of the listed names. As Belsita says, you will be able to walk to most locations, but at the Madfor, you will have to depend on metro, which has a stop across the street. Nevertheless, it's time in the underground rather than the city surface.

Sunderland, United...
Level Contributor
379 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: location

We're paying €640 for seven nights at the Hotel Plaza Mayor, in Plaza Santa Cruz, next month. Centrally located, good for the Plaza Mayor (obviously) and Puerta del Sol, and about 10 minutes' walk from Santa Ana. That includes breakfast, which I remember from a previous stay seemed good value.

The room was comfortable and pleasant – although with some noise from the street outside – and the staff very friendly and helpful.

Madison, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
8,111 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: location

IMO, the Hotel Plaza Mayor is a better location...but check yourself on the Trip Advisor Hotel section to look at photos of each hotel. If location is important, I would go for what Jack Crawford suggests....if decor is more important, it might be the renovated place.

8. Re: location

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 5:35 pm, February 06, 2013
9. Re: location

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, February 05, 2014