We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Madrid Museums That Allow Non-Flash Photography

Which Madrid hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia, Seville
Level Contributor
56,092 posts
3,501 reviews
Save Topic
Madrid Museums That Allow Non-Flash Photography

When I travel I like to go to museums and if the museums allow it I like to take non-flash photography of works of art that I find beautiful and interesting. Later when I go home I can enjoy seeing them in my photo albums.

Unfortunately most museums in Spain do not allow photography. In London and Germany most of the museums now are more progressive and allow non-flash photography.

Here are the progressive museums in Madrid that allow non-flash photography:

1. Sorolla Museum

2. Naval Museum

3. Museo de America

4. Lazaro Galdiano Museum

5. Decorative Arts Museum

6. Museo del Romanticismo

7. Museum of Natural Sciences

Madrid, Spain
Level Contributor
826 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Madrid Museums That Allow Non-Flash Photography

Thank you Benny.

The Lazaro Galdiano is one of my personal favourites - might take a couple of photos next time!

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
56,092 posts
3,501 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Madrid Museums That Allow Non-Flash Photography

Flora:

The Lazaro Galdiano is unknown to most tourists to Madrid. I enjoy going there because there are few people who go there, so when I am there, I am not distracted by noise of other people. The couple who started the museum had the most exquisite taste.

London, United...
Level Contributor
16,246 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Madrid Museums That Allow Non-Flash Photography

The Lazara Galdiano isn't really unknown to most tourists: we first visited it on our first visit to Madrid several years ago because we knew about it, and we knew about it because it was featured in all our guidebooks. And we've since re-visited it on several subsequent visits because it is such a wonderful collection.

It's a little out of the way for people on a very short weekend break type visit, of course: even if they're aware of its existence, they lack the time to go there. I suppose that's one reason why it's so beautifully peaceful.

Australia
Level Contributor
81 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Madrid Museums That Allow Non-Flash Photography

Thank you BennyMalaga for sharing this information.

I am planning a visit in April and I am a hobby photographer. I appreciate and respect the need to shoot without flash but often harsh rules are put in place because too many don't care to take the time to learn how to turn their flash off. Coming all the way from Australia it is disappointing not to be able to photograph especially when, as you say you can do it in places like The Louvre.

It sounds like I will have to find my way to Lazara Gadiano

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
56,092 posts
3,501 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Madrid Museums That Allow Non-Flash Photography

Sth:

Many museums that do not allow photography do not monitor people who use their phones. Many people take photographs surreptitiously with their phones.

London, United...
Level Contributor
16,246 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Madrid Museums That Allow Non-Flash Photography

I too like to take photos in museums, but on the other hand I always appreciate a ban on taking photos! It's not only flash that disturbs: most modern smartphone cameras have lit-up screens that are distracting. In a crowded gallery, the dancing illuminated screens can be very peace-disturbing.

7. Re: Madrid Museums That Allow Non-Flash Photography

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, January 03, 2014