We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Christmas Animal Parade in Retiro Park

Madrid, Spain
Level Contributor
11 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Christmas Animal Parade in Retiro Park

I have heard there is an animal parade in the evening of December 24th but can't find details anywhere. Anyone know when and exactly where? Thanks

Madrid, Spain
Level Contributor
826 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Christmas Animal Parade in Retiro Park

I have heard about an animal parade on Christmas Eve, but have not been to it myself and I have no details.

I notice that you are Madrid based - have you considered contacting the tourist office to enquire? Alternatively, the park has a website which you could check for contact details etc. www.retiropark.com

Edited: 11:50 am, December 09, 2012
Mentioned in this post
Madrid
Madrid
Community of Madrid, Spain
Madrid, Spain
Level Contributor
826 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Christmas Animal Parade in Retiro Park

I have just noticed that you also posted a question about midnight mass on Christmas Eve in which you mention you are travelling from the US. I am slightly confused as your profile states your location as Madrid, Spain!

Mentioned in this post
Madrid
Madrid
Madrid, Spain
Level Contributor
11 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Christmas Animal Parade in Retiro Park

Hello Flora,

I am new to Madrid (since August). My two grown daughters and their "significant others" are coming for Christmas. That said I want the perfect trip. I speak very little Spanish so all those cool websites, even with Google Translate, are still confusing. I have seen many of your posts-how wonderful that you can be so helpful to all us "newbies." Thank you!

Liz

Mentioned in this post
Madrid
Madrid
Madrid, Spain
Level Contributor
11 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Christmas Animal Parade in Retiro Park

I live at Plaza Mayor -the tourist office is helpful sometimes, depending on who is working the counter. (Like when I enquired about all the cabling right outside my fourth floor apartment...No clue)...thanks again to you!

Liz

Mentioned in this post
Plaza Mayor
Plaza Mayor
20,488 Reviews
Madrid, Spain
Madrid, Spain
Level Contributor
826 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Christmas Animal Parade in Retiro Park

Liz: thanks for the clarification. I can understand why you want things to be perfect.

I have checked the internet and cannot see any specific information about the animal parade. Do try asking at the Tourist Office. The website I gave you for the park is in English.

Hopefully you saw the posts by Revulgo and ati which provided a link to an excellent site detailing what is on at Christmas in Madrid. In case you did not see it, I have copied it again for you below as this may be of some assistance to you in planning activities for your family. It is in English.

http://www.navidadmadrid.com/en

Edited: 1:34 pm, December 09, 2012
Mentioned in this post
Madrid
Madrid
Madrid, Spain
Level Contributor
8,010 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Christmas Animal Parade in Retiro Park

I can't find anything about an animal parade...

Madrid, Spain
Level Contributor
8,010 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Christmas Animal Parade in Retiro Park

You also can enjoy a Christmas tour in English arranged by the Tourist Office:

www.esmadrid.com/guidedtours/portal.do…

8. Re: Christmas Animal Parade in Retiro Park

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:16 pm, December 17, 2013