We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which hotel to book for my parents?

Which Madrid hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Cork
Level Contributor
13 posts
26 reviews
Which hotel to book for my parents?

Hi there, I am sending my parents on a surprise trip to Madrid in March. Can anyone recommend a hotel?

They are both in their late 50s and enjoy a comfortable yet reasonablly modern hotel (without being too hip!). Most importantly it must be central to attractions. My budget is about €100-120 per night.

Thanks

Madrid, Spain
Level Contributor
826 posts
8 reviews
1. Re: Which hotel to book for my parents?

Ally: Welcome to the Madrid forum! Take a look at 'Room Mate Alicia Hotel' - it is centrally located, near to the museums and the majority of the main sights and attractions are walkable from there. Look at websites such as Booking.com, Trivago and Venere for discounted rates. You can also read reviews on TA and also on the hotel booking websites I suggested.

Madrid is a wonderful city, I am sure your parents will enjoy it. How thoughtful of you.

I am sure other members will come forward with alternative suggestions for you to consider.

Edited: 6:42 pm, November 22, 2012
Cork
Level Contributor
13 posts
26 reviews
2. Re: Which hotel to book for my parents?

Thanks for your kind reply. The Aliia looks good but maybe a little too funky for them? Perhaps the Preciados would be a good bet as it comes up top in many searhes?

Madrid, Spain
Level Contributor
826 posts
8 reviews
3. Re: Which hotel to book for my parents?

I think it is more contemporary than funky - you know the preferences of your patents better than anyone else.

Hotel Preciados is located on the main shopping street in the Sol area. It is very centrally located, pedestrianised but, also often very crowded with people. Having said that, it is highly rated on TA and your parents will be able to walk to many places or have easy access to metro and buses. I do, however, think that you may have to rethink your budget as this hotel could well be out of the price range you originally stated. Then again you might get lucky and find a good deal - worth a try. Best of luck in your search.

Edited: 4:37 pm, November 24, 2012
Madison, Wisconsin
Destination Expert
for Madrid
Level Contributor
8,104 posts
19 reviews
4. Re: Which hotel to book for my parents?

I would recommend Room Mate Alicia AND Hotel Prado/All Season/IBis. We have stayed there many times as a family and I alone, and always with satisfactory results, BUT I am not up-to-date on its latest owner/manager Ibis. They are known for economical, solid but modest places. Perhaps we will hear from someone who has stayed there or inspected the property under its most recent management. Both of these hotels are in the same vicinty. The latter on Calle Prado is also one block from a restaurant row on Calle Ventura de la Vega. You can just stroll down the street and choose a restaurant. Most economical, most tradionally Spanish...BUT no English menu is La Puebla.

Both hotels are very near museums, Puerta del Sol, Plaza Mayor but are further away from the Palace...and most western monuments, etc of the historic center.

5. Re: Which hotel to book for my parents?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 pm, December 16, 2013