We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Places to stay in Madrid

Los angeles
2 posts
Places to stay in Madrid

Hi, a friend and I are going to madrid for 3 days and then to barcelona for another 3.

I have been looking for some areas to rent a hostel and now am confused with all the info. available.

Can someone guide as to what areas are great to rent and any personal experience of hostels in madrid...?

Thanks

Bav

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
9,278 posts
14 reviews
1. Re: Places to stay in Madrid

I take it you're looking for inexpensive lodging. You may want to check out Madrid Man (http://www.madridman.com/) to see what he has listed for Madrid.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
4 posts
27 reviews
2. Re: Places to stay in Madrid

I recommend Hostal Adriano in Madrid. The website is: www.adrianohostal.com. It's in a brilliant location, really central and near loads of bars/nightlife/restaurants. A group of us went and found it to be a really central spot. It's on Calle de la Cruz - only down the road from Sol.

The rooms are about 20Euro each or so for a night, but they have a fridge, air con and double glazing - which you'll need if you stay in the centre of Madrdid, it's really noisy!

Also, we stayed in a Hostel in Barcelona called Hostal Central (we booked it through hostelworld.com). That was really good too if you're looking for somewhere in Barcelona!