We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Amount to allow to get to airport and on a plane

annesam
Level Contributor
24 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Amount to allow to get to airport and on a plane

I need to book a flight from Madrid to Rome on a Sunday in July. There are quite a few cheap flights - Rynair, easyjet, Air Europa that leave at about 7am. Before I book I would like to know about how long I would need to get from Madrid to the airport, through baggage, security and customs. I am worried that we would have to get up very early to catch one of these early flights and we may be better leaving later in the day.

Madrid, Spain
Level Contributor
134 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Amount to allow to get to airport and on a plane

There shouldn´t be much traffic that early in the morning, so if you're staying in the centre of the city it shouldn´t take you more than an hour to get there by taxi, check in and go through security (possible less but I wouldn´t dare count on it). You could always stay at a hotel in Barajas or somewhere else near the airport the night before, but it won't save you a significant amount of time, as the taxi ride is not very long without traffic. You'd definitely have to get up rather early no matter what.

2. Re: Amount to allow to get to airport and on a plane

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, October 09, 2010