We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

24 hrs in madrid suggestions?

vancouver
Level Contributor
50 posts
1 review
24 hrs in madrid suggestions?

hello, have a layover for 24 hrs in Madrid and have never been before. Want to see some unique historic city sites, possible museum recommendation, a central Nice hotel recommendation.. This is on the end of a another travel travel trip.....thankyou!!!

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
9,278 posts
14 reviews
1. Re: 24 hrs in madrid suggestions?

When are you arriving and departing MAD?

Malaga, Spain
Level Contributor
72,704 posts
3,830 reviews
2. Re: 24 hrs in madrid suggestions?

Twoincommon:

My suggestions:

1. Plaza Mayor

2. Palacio Real

I always stay at the Melia Galgos Hotel in the Barrio Salamanca. Look at the Melia website and look for bargains available.

Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
93 posts
21 reviews
3. Re: 24 hrs in madrid suggestions?

I would stay in Old Madrid neighborhood where most of the historical sights are. Check out the Best Western Carlos V, near the Puerta del Sol (medium price) or look for other hotels in the area in your price range.

I recommend a visit to the Prado Museum or the Reina Sofia (Modern Art) a stroll along the Paseo del Prado to see the fountains (Neptune & Cibeles), then, then Metro to Puerta del Sol, walk from there to Plaza Mayor, then Almudena Cathedral & Palacio Real. You might just want to visit the Royal Armory here, because of time constraints. At night visit either a Tablao Flamenco, or the Chueca neighborhood for a walk on the wild side.

I'll be glad to make you a walking tour map in google if you want.....

Let me know

Another good option is to buy an open bus tour pass from Madrid Vision to cover more ground & get some narration between stops. They have 2 routes Old & New Madrid. They are both great & stop in all the important places.

THIS IS NOT A PAID ADVERTISEMENT, but a pleased customer....

Enjoy!

Uvita
6 posts
4. Re: 24 hrs in madrid suggestions?

Hey,

I would see Parque Retiro, La latina and Plaza Santa Ana. If your into art go to the reina sofia, but it takes a bit of time to get through all of it.

Heres my selection of the best Madrid has to offer!

hubpages.com/hub/top-6-things-to-do-in-Madrid

Hope this helps!

Kev

5. Re: 24 hrs in madrid suggestions?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, June 22, 2010