We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

MV Plaza Mayor or MV reina sofia or other by Booking.com

Montréal
Level Contributor
52 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
MV Plaza Mayor or MV reina sofia or other by Booking.com

I would like to use Booking.com to reserve my apartment in Madrid because of their no deposit and cancellation up to 2 days before politic. Not because I want to cancel a reservation but it could happen and would hate to loose so much money even if cancelled 1 month before... With Booking.com it doesn't seem as a problem.

I search and found MV Plaza Mayor, MV Reina Sofia and others - Many on this forum told me to stay around Plaza Mayor - Do you think those apartments are good choice? I feel that pictures of different places are all in the same page. It is difficult to know which floor they are located (I need an elevator if high) and if the picture are real - Can you help me choose... Thanks

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
9,278 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: MV Plaza Mayor or MV reina sofia or other by Booking.com

Personally, I would book with Select Madrid (http://www.spain-select.com), which handles a few rather decent apartments around Plaza Santa Ana. Booking.com is just a general booking service, while Select Madrid has an office in Madrid.

Montréal
Level Contributor
52 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: MV Plaza Mayor or MV reina sofia or other by Booking.com

Thanks Robert2533 but I was under the impression that Select Madrid was renting for a minimum of 7 days - I want 4 nights only - any suggestions of apartments name?

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
9,278 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: MV Plaza Mayor or MV reina sofia or other by Booking.com

They do offer some shorter rentals, depending on the situation. I would email them for a recommendation (info@spain-select.com), but whichever apartment you pick, make sure it is one that they have had their designer redo. There are two around the corner from Plaza Santa Ana, and close to their office, that are very nice.

O Savinao, Galicia
Destination Expert
for Galicia
Level Contributor
6,071 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: MV Plaza Mayor or MV reina sofia or other by Booking.com

http://www.booking.com is a large and ever growing portal for all sorts of reservations. I have yet to read of any problems about the website. The review system is a little more honest that other portals as Booking.com only asks you to give a review of the establishment after you have booked and stayed there. other portals, where you can do a review, do not ask this all you have to do is sign on.

However the review system does have a small fault in that it does not show reviews if they amount to less than 5. This discriminates between large and small establishments as the latter will obviously receive more guests.

paguera
8 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: MV Plaza Mayor or MV reina sofia or other by Booking.com

Hi,

I have made many reservations through booking.com and I can inform you that I have never once had any problems. They were really great. I booked through booking.com our vacations to Palma de Maiorca and had the cheapest and best vacations ever!

paguera
8 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: MV Plaza Mayor or MV reina sofia or other by Booking.com

Hi,

I have made many reservations through booking.com and I can inform you that I have never once had any problems. They were really great. I booked through booking.com our vacations to Palma de Maiorca and had the cheapest and best vacations ever!

7. Re: MV Plaza Mayor or MV reina sofia or other by Booking.com

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 8:08 am, December 21, 2009
Montréal
Level Contributor
52 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: MV Plaza Mayor or MV reina sofia or other by Booking.com

Would it be possible for Spain select to be less time consuming - even if we specified for a location of 4 nights, why do we have 55 answers but many of them are for 1 months or more....?

9. Re: MV Plaza Mayor or MV reina sofia or other by Booking.com

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:01 am, November 08, 2010
10. Re: MV Plaza Mayor or MV reina sofia or other by Booking.com

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, June 20, 2010