We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cell phones in Spain

NC
Level Contributor
32 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Cell phones in Spain

I am travelling to Spain next Saturday for a week long stay. My current cell is a CDMA phone, so it can not be unlocked for use in Europe. I read a few cell phone threads here from the past, but am still a bit confused. I don't anticipate a lot of actual calling usage, but would like to be able to text the US, and possibly access my email via the web.

What are the advantages to renting a cell vs. buying a pre-paid phone? Are there any advantages to buying a pre-paid in Spain rather than a pre-paid quad-band in the US? Do any of the Spanish sites have websites written in English?

Thanks so much!

san francisco
Level Contributor
763 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cell phones in Spain

hi there I don't know what a cdma cellphone is but I have AT&T and I take my cell phone abroad with me I have used it to mainly text and have no problems I believe it was 50 cents to send an international text and incoming to my phone were included in my text plan. You can use your phone to call but it will be counted as roaming and will cost you roaming fees mine was 99cents per minute in my experience it's cheaper to text while abroad !

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
426 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cell phones in Spain

We rented twice from onspanishtime.com and were very pleased with Jeremy's pricing and service.

3. Re: Cell phones in Spain

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, April 08, 2010