We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which metro route is better?

London
Level Contributor
102 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Which metro route is better?

Which route from barajas to Sol is better tomorrow?

8 to Nuevas minesterios

6 to Cuatro Caminos

2 to Sol

OR

8 to Colombia

9 to Principe de Vergara

2 to Sol

Any thoughts? The second seems less stops, and i recall the change from 6 to 8 was rather long!

Thanks

Madison, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
8,115 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which metro route is better?

My opinion is that a route that avoids Nuevos Ministerios is best. Why? I heard/saw some posts that said pickpockets were waiting for tourists from Barajas, but don't take my opinion as final word...wait for a confirmation or correction.

Madison, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
8,115 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which metro route is better?

This is what JasoninMadrid posted the other day...no problems for him with Nuevos Ministerios.

You could, for 5.20 euros, buy an abono turistico ticket and make the following journey:

Metro from the airport to 'Nuevos Ministerios' At 'Nuevos Ministerios' change from the Metro system to the Cercanias line and take the train to Atocha.

It's quite a simple journey to make, and you'll be ok with your luggage at the time you're arriving....(The time comment was not referring to your question but rather than of another poster.)

madrid
Level Contributor
428 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which metro route is better?

porbably late but...

No problem with N Ministerios, there amy be pickpockets as in any other metro station of the network, don't expect a queu of pickpockets awaintin for the metro of L8 to come, it's a huge station and there is many many people always.

At NM change to L6 is long, L6 to L2 at C Caminos is very long, L6 at C caminos is the deepest station of the network, you have many scalators up to the level of the L1 and L2 platforms.

Best combination i think is L8 to NM, L10 to Tribunal L1 to Sol.

Colmenar Viejo...
Level Contributor
1,112 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which metro route is better?

I too would use the route activi suggested, for getting to Sol.

Have fun.

FBV
Madrid, Spain
Level Contributor
731 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Which metro route is better?

Indeed, activi route is the most convenient one!

Madrid, Spain
Level Contributor
7,847 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Which metro route is better?

The Consorcio de Transportes de Madrid (Madrid Transportation Board) recommends the route Nuevos Ministerios-Tribunal-Sol as the fastest path and the route Colombia-Principe de Vergara-Sol as the "optimun" path (??).

ctm-madrid.es/como_ir_a/…

London
Level Contributor
102 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Which metro route is better?

Hi, Just to follow up after our trip.

We tried the 8,9,2 route via Colombia and Principe Vergara.

We found it much better than going via NM and CC.

Took about 35 minutes, instead of the 45-55 minutes last time via NM.

The interchanges were much shorter and easier, and less busy.

We might try the activo route next time, but we wont be going via NM again!

Madison, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
8,115 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Which metro route is better?

Airline chick,

Thanks for the report back!!! Useful for all.

9. Re: Which metro route is better?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:36 am, November 18, 2009