We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Semana Santa

Which Madrid hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Kent
Level Contributor
16 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
Semana Santa

Off to Madrid over Easter and wondered how the holiday affects things such as Bars , Restaurants , Shops and Public Transport . Will a taxi back to the Airpoort on the Monday at 4am be a problem ?

ODR
Madrid, Spain
Level Contributor
256 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Semana Santa

Hi Cody666,

No problem, bars and restaurants open the whole Easter, you might have problems only with the shops which will probably open only on Saturday. Souvenirs shops and some others in the city center will open everyday.

About the taxi, I would call from the reception of your hotel and allow it about 20 minutes to arrive to pick you up.

Kent
Level Contributor
16 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Semana Santa

ODR thanks for such a prompt response .

Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
9,242 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Semana Santa

Some restaurants and bars do close. I went there for Easter time 3 years ago and I could not take my friend to any of my favorite eating places (I was living in Madrid years ago), however in the most touristy areas everything was open. If you have interest in visiting some places check well its opening times. You'll find a city much quieter than usual and with much less traffic around, that's nice in some aspects. Public transport as usual. Easter Monday is not festive in Madrid.

4. Re: Semana Santa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:18 pm, October 15, 2009