We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather in August

Which Madrid hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
United States
Level Contributor
1,818 posts
230 reviews
Save Topic
Weather in August

Has anyone travelled at the end of August? How was the weather?

Madrid
Level Contributor
103 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather in August

mucho calor....around 20ºC(min)-40ºC(max), not nice, that's why the city is half empty that time of the year, it's a bit unbearable. I'm from northern Spain and live in Madrid now. I just can't get used to that kind of heat.

go to the coast instead and choose any other month (apart from July which is almost as much as horrible) to come to madrid.

Malta
Level Contributor
402 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather in August

It's really hot and the noise of the traffic makes it even more unbearbale.

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia, Seville
Level Contributor
56,057 posts
3,501 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather in August

Miami Beach:

All of central Spain is unbearably hot during July and August, and everyone who can goes to the beach areas or to northern Spain. The best months for Madrid for me are May, June, September, and October. They have good weather during those months.

United States
Level Contributor
1,818 posts
230 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather in August

We live in Florida so hot weather is the norm for us. We just went to Italy three weeks ago and it was very cold for us. I hate having to carry a jacket and double layers of clothes all the time. I also saw that Iberia wants $1200+ per person in Sept. So if July and August are so hot, does this mean less people go so it would be less crowded and cheaper?

Malta
Level Contributor
402 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Weather in August

Unfortunately no. Madrid is a very expensive city! A lovely city but muchos euros needed!!

6. Re: Weather in August

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:26 am, September 13, 2009