We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

30th birthday surprise madrid

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
14 posts
23 reviews
30th birthday surprise madrid

Hello, I’m taking my wife to Madrid at the end of October for 3 nights and looking advice on nice hotels and area as never been before

I am wanting to it to have a spa and be sorta of close to centre so can walk to restaurants an have a few late drinks. Budget for hotel is reasonable somewhere between the 100/200 per night

Any advice on hotels, restaurants and things to do would be great for 30 years olds

4 replies to this topic
Crackenback...
Level Contributor
773 posts
65 reviews
1. Re: 30th birthday surprise madrid

Where's Benny when you need him?

Suggest a walk on the Gran Via for shopping, and a stroll in the Retiro Park for a romantic hour or two (picnic possible). Coffee shops and restaurants all over the city, tapas bars for all budgets.

Check out also the theatres, many shows and musicals you will know but it is magical in Spanish even for non-Spanish speakers.

Madrid is walkable for 30 year olds so can't help with accomodation I'm afraid, your budget is way above mine.

Enjoy exploring.

San Diego...
Level Contributor
4 posts
28 reviews
2. Re: 30th birthday surprise madrid

I went to Madrid this March with a friend. We are 34 and 27. Madrid was magic for us and you’ll be sure to love it. We stayed at an apartment a block from Gran Via and found all within walking distance various places to eat, drink, and head out for the night. During the day please visit Mercado San Miguel. Nights in Madrid can go on until 6am, so there’s no need to worry about missing out. Pretty sure there were many places around Gran Via for drinks, like Angelita, which would be great. Regarding hotels, I always use HomeAway or AirBnB and have never been disappointed, although there has never been a spa.

Malaga, Spain
Level Contributor
70,661 posts
3,788 reviews
3. Re: 30th birthday surprise madrid

Lusty:

I was actually visiting Madrid.

Downtown Madrid is the Gran Via, which has many hotels, restaurants and stores. Most of the biggest attractions are all within a 2 km radius of each other. You can use Booking.com to screen hotels or apartments in this area (Madrid City Center).

Good restaurant:

Casa Lucio (Calle Cava Baja, 35; Tel. 913-653-252) is famous for its "huevos rotos" (broken eggs). When my niece visited this restaurant, she fell in love with the huevos rotos and went there two more times. Lucio is one of the great cooks of Spain.

Madrid, Spain
Level Contributor
8,266 posts
1 review
4. Re: 30th birthday surprise madrid

Madrid beyond the Gran Via and the broken eggs

https://www.esmadrid.com/en

Reply to: 30th birthday surprise madrid
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted