We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting to Gib from Malaga airport

Surrey
Level Contributor
22 posts
68 reviews
Save Topic
Getting to Gib from Malaga airport

Hi all,

What's the best way to get to and Gib if your flying into Malaga?

I have looked at transfer companies but they are charging around £200!

I will be travelling in December and returning to Malaga airport on the Sunday, any help and advise is welcome.

Regards

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Gibraltar
Level Contributor
2,185 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Getting to Gib from Malaga airport

You could get the bus from Malaga airport to Marbella bus station and then get a bus from there to La Linea which is the Spanish town right by Gibraltar. You can then walk from the bus station in La Linea to the border, it'll take 5 min. Definitely a lot cheaper than £200

Moscow, Russia
Level Contributor
15 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Getting to Gib from Malaga airport

I know another variant with the buses :) You can get to the Malaga bus station by aerobus (every 15 minutes I guess) and than there is a bus between Malaga and La Linea by Avanzabus. It will cost 16 euros and you can order the tickets online but it takes 3 hours...

Personally I would recommend you to rent the car right at the airport.

Malaga, Spain
Level Contributor
103 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Getting to Gib from Malaga airport

What dates please, as there may be another option.

4. Re: Getting to Gib from Malaga airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, August 03, 2014